Mobile pain ! , Why is scirra ignoring ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

@Ashley , Are you really waiting ?

Also, when the ludei demos are working , why not work through C2 ?
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:09 pm

I would suggest in the mean time to use Clay.io. it's got the social, IAP, achievement support. I've also added the requested for sync data where data on the go will be synced online when given the opporunity. I didn't push for immidiate request, but he seemed keen on supporting it sooner if it was a now'ish requirement.

So much for social interconnectivity Clay.io is doing a way better job. Also they update with small fixes and improvements quickly. I've seen them push out one build only to hear a request the same day. Then followed up with a next day update with the feature added.

Clay.io seems very keen on building it's community. Also as I'm focused on mobile I prefer a single central for gaming tool which Clay.io does and GameCenter is just IOS.

"Also, when the ludei demos are working , why not work through C2 ?"
Actually I'm looking into this today. I want to know clearly why CocoonJS demo's are running 100+ sprites cleanly at 40fps+ cleanly where as C2 tends to bog down(this is hardware dependent on your results). Ludie thinks that there custom canvas interface isn't implemented. Though I thought Ash did so a build or 2 a go, but I'm going to check it out. I'm also going to build a performance test app that is the exact same in C2 and see if there is a performance difference.
jayderyu2013-01-31 16:13:52
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

Ludei don't appear to have any documentation on Game Center. Maybe they've implemented it, but without documentation it's impossible for me to integrate!

@Ludei can you comment? I see the Social API but the documentation currently states it only supports Facebook.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:54 pm

@Jay,

Clay.io has it's own set of issues with some features not even working in CocoonJS , never been able to make it work consistently with iOs and Android check this thread, http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-clayio-leaderboards-achievements_topic54357_page29.html , still keeping my fingers crossed that they will fix it.

I am not even worried about the performance when i said ".... Why not in C2 ?" i was basically asking whey the demos with features like "facebook integration" , "Rate the game" , "webView" all works why not it's been integrated through C2 with the CoocoonJS Object.

@Ashley, i am not even concerned about GameCenter at this point because even their demos are not supporting GameCenter, i am wondering why the existing features implemented by the demos are not implemented in C2 as said above.

I think u and ludei should establish a formal communication channel because you both are interdependent and will mutually benefit rather than expecting ludei to scan through the forum and reply.

I had been recently using devsupport@ludei.com email to correspond , they seem to respond pretty well, i think you should try that and i am sure they will be happy to help in any manner.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 am

@Ashley The current release of CocoonJS doesn't support GC, but we do indeed have an implementation of the GC extension which will be included with the next release. You can take a look at our current source code for the next extensions here

The Social API (facebook + GC currently) has changed quite a bit too (sorry about that, but the last API was lacking important features), so you might want to take a look at it too

Hope that helps ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm

OK, hope that clears it up for everyone else too - looks like we can implement GC (and maybe Facebook) in the next release.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks @Ashley for your understanding .. , i am seeing some light at the end of the tunnnel here ! and thanks again for your great work !tringio2013-02-01 17:23:22
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Hello there,

The thing I don't understand is this : Why Scirra are be able to go native with Windows Phone 8 and not for Android ? With a WP8 export we are be able to open the solution in VS and compile it. For Android we have to user third party service.

That's just a question :) Also thank's for this great tool :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Probably because Microsoft Development environment (Visual Studio) gives you the tools for doing this. Does android have a standardized development environment for their packages, or is it all up to third parties to create them?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

CrystalNoir, With Windows8, MS made HTML5 execute on the same layer just like native code.

Because of this it is very easy for C2 to export a proper project to compile in VS2012 to Windows8 and Windows Phone 8.

Toolkits like Node Webkit also enable easy exporting to Windows Win32 desktop, Mac OSX and some linux distros.

We now need some magic opensource toolkit to do the same for mobile.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General