Mobile pain ! , Why is scirra ignoring ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:35 pm

i think i first relases of cocoonjs have better performance/high fps than now
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Thatz cool can you know to build in-app billing in c2 or cocoonjs
if yes then please share.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 pm

ok im new to construct 2 im done with a mobile game, im missing webgl effects which are not vissible on mobile devices, i did install firefox crome beta and activated the web gl but still nothing no effects appear on mobile device, any can confirm if they are viewable? also im trying to implement facebook twitter for likes which i see impossible to do for now and finaly i also need trophys archievements and leaderboards. when will all this be available?

can anyone confirm if the clay.io will do the job for me? does it work on android through cocoon?eltiburon2013-04-20 14:49:50
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi, is there some progress on this facebook and twitter mobile integration.

I have use calling a faceboock dialog from the browser plugin, but its only work on android, do some one knows why it dont work on ios.
is there another possible solution for publishing score on facebook and twitter on mobiles games.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:21 pm

@juann91 You doing better then me, I been trying to get my game to post the score to Facebook for a week and it still don't work and its on android. I have tried the browser plugin and cocconjs's plugin and just can't get it to work either way.
Please Support Ocean Explorer.
http://igg.me/p/735007/x/6915815
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 pm

sqiddster wrote:Scirra has One (1) (I) programmer making the entire Construct 2. The best you can do is wait patiently or encourage your friends to buy the software so that Ashley can afford to hire more programmers.

just to make another post (I wrote in another topic)

the best way to do that is to make a subscription by years or a months... and just who pay a subscription can get a special plugin to make easy the publish on mobile (to get money from the app)

I means, who is very concerned to make an app working very well on mobile isn't a pain to pay 80$ a year... if you can get a good application without lag and insert ads, social sharing...

obviously I don't know how many money Scirra needs to get this :D but a lot of company make a subscription to get a special feature and improve the update for a specific plugin...

or if is possible to buy a plugin is another idea... a lot of software sell a specific plugin (with update...etc)

nothing is free, I prefer to pay to get a real feature to improve my games on mobile... and not wait so much time to get something free with some error or slow update (for the plugin)
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Well, I don't think the reason Scirra don't yet have another employee is money-related, as they have had a 'help wanted' opening for a while now.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 am

One of the major reason that I bought Construct 2 license is CocoonJS support. When I saw both sites (Scirra and Ludei) advertise each other product, I thought that they might have good relationship or collaboration or something.

Now Ashley didn't bother to update the CocoonJS plugin and Ludei probably have a very low priority to update the plugin. So I guess we are stuck...

As a paid customer, I`m kinda dissapointed with Scirra regarding CocoonJS support. In my opinion or my interest, CocoonJS(ads, Google services,CocoonJS bugs etc) should have a bit higher priority than other features mainly because CocoonJS will help us distribute our games to IOS and Android which is a very popular platform.

I`m tired and frustrated hearing that this is 1 staff company or etc since this is a commercial product hence Scirra should hire more staff if they felt that they need more people to help in Construct 2 development.

Crosswalk is "ok" but I think we may have to wait for at least 6 more months to see more features to come in( ads, google services, better performance ?)

Overall even in HTML5 or web environment , we still have to rely on third party API likes Clay.IO for monetization and etc (IAP, Ads, Leaderboard). The Scirra's Arcade still haven't been updated to allow us to monetize(ads ,IAP etc) or using third party plugin...

The Arcade should be a good place for us to distribute and monetize our games, and maybe help us to sell non-exclusive license for our games from the Arcade?

The product(Construct 2) is great but Scirra's after sale support is so-so..

Sorry guys for big rant... This is my opinion on C2 after using it for 10 months...
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General