Mobile Performance issue

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi,

im trying to make a jump n run game for mobile devices, targeting mainly the firefox os phones availalble at the moment.

The problem is, i dont get a good performance, at first i thought ok, too many sprites, to big sprites, not the best project preference configuration and so on.

Then i followed all the tips from the mobile performance tutorial and reduced the game to a minimum (Player with jumpnrun bevaiour, three controller sprites and some solid tiled background for platforms, 3 events in eventsheet) for testing, to make it short, its faster now but not realy playable, even in this state.

Did i do something horribly wrong?

you can find the game under fldr.de/jmp3

the cpax und fldr.de/jmp3/jumpnruntest.capx

• Can you provide details of the device you're testing on?

• oh yes, did forget that

tested it on

-Alcatel One Touch Fire (Firefox OS 1.1), max 10fps

-Xperia Ray (Android ics), ~16fps

-Google Nexus 7 (Android jellybean), 57-60fps

the alcatel isnt the fastest mobile phone but there are many many games with much more stuff that run normal

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Did i do something horribly wrong?"

I think so, because the CPU usage hits 100% and the game lags even on my laptop (it's rather old, but 2Ghz should be enough for such a simple test)... However, i can't be bothered to check the .capx because it's made with a newer version of C2 (i seriously cannot redownload the same >100MB every time a new update comes out >_<).

• I ran this from r150, no issues in IE11, FF, safari, chrome.

Though, I did notice it only ran at just above 50 fps. :\a

• AFAIK Firefox OS is still using Firefox 18, which is old enough to still have a bug which can kill performance. Hopefully a future update will bring them up to Firefox 25+ which should be nice and fast.

The stock browser on Android is pretty poor - try Chrome on the Xperia Ray if you weren't using it already and it should be a lot faster.

And the Nexus 7 seems to be working nicely :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)