Mobile suggestions thread

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Lemme summarize what has been mentioned in some threads:

• Reduced calculation ala "half floating point operations"
    • Max FPS
    • Better audio support on iOS/Safari
    • Scaling for mobile (Targeting Different Devices)

anything else?

• Max FPS is mostly a part of the mobile software and the operating system.

• better Advertising support would be great
  • For me, and from what i understand, being able to have an option to chose between 30 or 60 fps would be a good feature, in order to match more easaly older devices.

You can do that in Stencyl for exemple, with a lign of code.

For example, I have framerate drops on my ipod4 with my project (an universal apple app), as i said on another thread, from 60 to 55, and i can really notice them, even if my fps is high for such a device : i would prefer to have a stable and solid 30, and my framerate drops to not be noticable.

Idealy, being able to choose that framerate depending of the resolution of the device or whatever would be nice.

It would give us a good window of safety concerning this point on older devices, as we can still make the game running at full speed with dt.

But maybe it's difficult to implement, or would not look good, I don't know, or maybe i just understand badly how fps work, but in my mind, at the moment, it would be great !

Otherwise, auto resizing images concerning the resolution, as i suggested before, would be the very best option, to my opinion : it would make us reach 60 fps really more easaly on the older devices, as the images would be divided by 2 for example :)

Darklinki : timescale work on that devices for example, so maybe it's possible to implement it, even if it's different of course.

• I thought he meant with max fps, the increasing of the performance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For me, and from what i understand, being able to have an option to chose between 30 or 60 fps would be a good feature, in order to match more easaly older devices.............

<snip>

I agree and have made this point last year. Creating games with an unstable render output do to targeting 60fps tends to cause problems when you want to render at lower. The constant fluxuation causes very visual degradation of quality of feel and play.

Unfortunately while this topic has come up a number of times. It's never been justified to Ash well enough. "always render at most fps as possible"

• jayderyu :

Well, it's a shame, but who knows, maybe my explanation will show to Ashley, and if i'm correct, that it would be very usefull when you try to target small or older devices (if you can think of the ipod/iphone4 as an old device).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)