mobile support...or tablet...etc

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:13 am

JaredX wrote:
hmmg wrote:saying alot to say nothing , dude , the community asked for Linux and Mac they got what they want , who did tickle you or force you to use it on mobile ????
And they said , they will create a standalone version for windows , linux and mac.
In my case 2 hours each day in a bus , at least i can progress on my projects even 0.1% , it's always progress :D :D

dont be selfish and think about yourself

one last thing "swishmax" is dead because of HTML5 power which is not the case of scirra , The cloud , the web , HTML are the future

Christ, you are such a fanboy...

hihihii yes I am :p :p
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:04 am

C-7 wrote:Then clearly that feature isn't aimed at you. Sheesh. I would never use a phone for my primary development, but tweaking stuff when I'm out in the rest of my life away from my computer? Heck yeah, I'll do that. You already admitted the browser is a good way to allow for cross-compatibility. Why is it a problem to support even more devices? An android tablet with a keyboard can be a great way to get some stuff done on the go when you can't always have your computer with you. Same with a chromebook for that matter.

I want to say,..it's a problem when this feature is one of the best...I mean, the second news was the mobile platform...I would like to see something else, construct2 do the same things as construct3 for now.... use the software on internet...? what is new? there are a lot of software like that.... I don't says is a problem, I want try to say that is not the most important thing, because nobody will use a phone for build a game, also a tablet... the tecnology is going even better, like surface pro, tablet/laptop... why use a tablet when you could use a laptop or a pc? someone who want to use construct3 to build a serius app will not use a tablet or a phone... if you want to make a nice game or app you should have already a computer to do that right? so...

Burvey wrote:@Ribis
Ribis wrote:I made this test and I'm really proud about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdKo5OZrHhE and I made with construct2

You should hire a graphic designer / design team and build a real game. If you made that with C2 you have real talent. Good job.

And as a side note, I use C2 in my touch screen tablet sometimes. Honestly it's one of those things that you think will be cool until you actually try it.

Thank you, I'm a graphic designer too but I don't have time to make any graphics, I have a surface pro 3 and I don't see any special feature... I mean, is an web app, nothing special, it is a hard work for scirra team but for me doesn't change anything, if you want to make software to fit to some device you have to make a "special" feature of that device... a responsive app?... no, thank you, I want a software that make you easy the work... and work in mobile is not easy, same for the tablet... it's easier with a laptop or a pc for sure... When i'm making something I have a lot of software, photoshop, illustrator...etc... how I could use in a tablet?

Jaydon wrote:@Ribis

bro, it's just a plus that comes from cross compatibility. Take it as an opportunity for you to go through your own code anywhere even in your toilet. Let's face it, you can't ditch your laptop or PC for mobile just because it is multiplatform. Again, its a plus that comes with it. So much for the rant and in the end you just want the export to be non-HTML5, which of course I will link that blog again: https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/28/t ... ve-engines

In any case if this is even related to your tittle, exporting just HTML5 is not a child's play.

Edit: Oh and by the way, wait for next week's news as there will be the "real" features you looking for.

when I go to the toilet I want to relax don't continue my project in a 6" screen...lol... I don't say export in HTML5 is a child's play, I say making game with the phone is a child's game, because with a mobile you can't make a game, with a tablet will be harder than a pc, who want to make a game doesn't use a tablet... this is for sure....it's jsut make everything harder...

I'm waiting for see the export mode, I'm happy if construct3 has this cool feature that I will never use because for me doesn't make any sense...I want to see something new, for now is the same as construct2...let's see
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:19 am

The phone/tablet thing is actually one of the few things that has got me excited again about Construct 3. No one will be developing a whole game on one. But for troubleshooting/bugs or testing quick ideas on the go it will be absolutely fantastic. I love the idea of being able to work out problems and squash bugs in my lunchbreak or boring downtime when I'm out somewhere, it will allow for better quality dev time when I'm actually sat at my computer. If you have a phone with a stylus there are some good animation programs out there too so you'll actually be able to do pretty good gamedev on the go. None of Scirra's competitors offer anything like that, so it is actually innovative. Whether it's useful or not to the majority of users is another thing altogether though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:32 am

Game dev im mobile devicesis not a great and new issue, gdevelop (http://compilgames.net) worked a long time with this feature. By the way... I take a look in gdevelop and for my surprise it´s an open source with a lot of features and workflow similar with C2. Looking it for future references...

And IMHO, it´s a litlle candy to calm down a frustrated child... Really, I fell like a child in christmas without any santa´s gift...
"keep calm we have giant robots!"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:37 am

Not to mention SuperPowers is a whole HTML5-based editor for much more than games too (but is also a cool way to make 3D games in real-time collaboratively with many users at once working on the same or other projects on a server).

It was fun to toy with on mobile + Xbox One, but more of a "that's neat" or "debug help" than a must-have feature.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (they wont run anywhere)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 am

I want to try C3 before judging it but I have bad feelings about it.

When your marketing strategy and strong points of your new software are browser platform and mobile use something, is wrong. We should be hooked by new plugins, new exporters, new functions, etc, not with this. C3 is a development tool, not a game.

I hope I'm wrong but right now I feel that C3 will be C2 in a browser and more expensive.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:23 am

ByR wrote:I want to try C3 before judging it but I have bad feelings about it.

When your marketing strategy and strong points of your new software are browser platform and mobile use something, is wrong. We should be hooked by new plugins, new exporters, new functions, etc, not with this. C3 is a development tool, not a game.

I hope I'm wrong but right now I feel that C3 will be C2 in a browser and more expensive.

I agree with you, need to test... But this C3 announcement with these "features" scares me...
"keep calm we have giant robots!"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 am

A lot of complaints about mobile support seem to be:

- Someone else has already done it
- I don't want to use it

Granted how productive you can be on the toilet with only one hand free is to be seen. But it's a nice-to-have feature to have because we can, one that people have inquired about in the past and one that appears to be quite popular and well received.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:15 pm

I don't think mobile support would be their main asset. I'm just happy to see that they optimized the HTML5 editor for mobile as well. Will I develop full games with it on my phone? Nope. But it's a nice to have feature nevertheless.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:43 pm

helena wrote:I can see events being done on a phone. Looking through, fixing bugs.
But otherwise I think it is just a "bonus" feature really.

but now I can't do it anyway because of iOS-ness.

What about this : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google- ... mpt=uo%3D2
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion