Mobile: Touch failing over 50% CPU usage.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:44 am

I mentioned this before, I too have faults in touch with my game, so far I could not prove it but it seems that there is something wrong with the system touch.
Galaxy s6 with android 6.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:55 am

@Mirlas Did you try this test? does it fail as well?

http://www.tunepunk.com/touchtest
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:01 am

tunepunk wrote:@Artpunk thanks for the info. It seems like it's a Windows Phone bug. As @blackhornet also reported touch becomes unresponsive at around 50% ,but if you lock the screen - unlock and it's back to normal. Very weird. I've sent a bug report to MS, so hope they will fix it. It's the same behaviour on other C2 made games in the windows store as well.

Very weird. I use touch in my game, and I haven't noticed any problems on low end Android phones (ie, Samsung Galaxy SII). But I haven't tested on Win Phone, I need to do that asap.
When you say other C2 games have the same problem on Win Phones, how do you know that? From your own testing? Or others have reported it elsewhere?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:09 am

@Artpunk I downloaded "Last of the survivors" "Mortar Melons" from the windows store on my phone. They have the same issue. But if I lock and unlock the screen they work well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 am

tunepunk wrote:@Mirlas Did you try this test? does it fail as well?

http://www.tunepunk.com/touchtest

I tried that test but I found a little confusing, why not add a indicator or something that highlight the detection of a touch ?.

Or maybe you see something on the screen to indicate that the touch has been detected.
You could also add a text str (sprite.count), so you can see when the touch has been detected since this variable will increase its value.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:55 am

@Mirlas The blue sprite will fail to follow your finger if touch is failing. Move the finger across the screen to see the blue dot follow.

object count I can add, but it's not important, I'm only trying to detect if touch is failing or not.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:04 am

tunepunk wrote:@Mirlas The blue sprite will fail to follow your finger if touch is failing. Move the finger across the screen to see the blue dot follow.

object count I can add, but it's not important, I'm only trying to detect if touch is failing or not.

I think your case is different from mine.
In my case (in my game) when I touch sometimes the touch is not detected but if I drag your finger at that time, then the touch is detected.

So if your example is to drag your finger, I see no fault there.
But if there is failure if you just touch the screen every time without dragging your finger.
You will notice that the blue dot sometimes does not respond to touch, here is the strange.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:48 pm

@tunepunk
I mean this:

https://youtu.be/F-dwmPngUlw

Notice how the blue dot sometimes unresponsive.

@Ashley
It could take a look at this?
You could try this in any of their devices?
This also happens in my game, as I said before.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:02 pm

@Mirlas I see what you mean. It's a different problem. Does it happen or less in some situation? I never noticed this. My problem seem to be a windows phone bug, maybe your is related to your phone also. Did you google if anyone else with this phone have same problem. I don't think it's a C2 issue.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:25 pm

tunepunk wrote:@Mirlas I see what you mean. It's a different problem. Does it happen or less in some situation? I never noticed this. My problem seem to be a windows phone bug, maybe your is related to your phone also. Did you google if anyone else with this phone have same problem. I don't think it's a C2 issue.

But emulators work properly.
Your have you tried that ?, you worked ?.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General