Mode 7 Plugin

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Pode, I would gladly take the webgl version over the rest! It's far better than having nothing at all. Personally I use nothing but webgl fx in my game. No real interest of making it portable. That being said I'm sure most people would like to have it work on iOS and droid.

I'll take anything over nothing though!

Thanks for letting us know the ups and downs of bringing it in!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm

[QUOTE=Pode]
- WebGL transform : easy and fast. Works only on system with good WebGL support (no iOS and Android). However I pokked around C2's structure, and I have no way to grab the WebGL canvas as a texture. Perhaps @Ashley can provide me a hint here ?
[/QUOTE]

There's actually a way right now to get a mode7-esk effect with WebGL effects. Specifically by using the lens effect with a linear gradient over the thing(s) you want to transform. However, because of the monkey rigged way it's done, the result is mostly useless for actual games.

So yeah, I think a Webgl effect might be your best bet right now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:06 am

Anyword on this...I've been out of the loop for a month on pain killers and muscle relaxants (back is out). I haven't touched anything since Oct 31st. I saw we got the sprite collision disable ability so now I can remove all of the work arounds I coded for that :D

But I'm really dying for a perspective skew!

B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm

@damainman : I'm working on a webgl effect for that. It's not going to work on mobile where there's no (i.e. iOS), but it's a start...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 am

@Pode

I'm honestly not all that interested in the mobile market yet. I'm perfectly happy with it being run on a computer from a browser. I'd love to see it run on the Wii U, but I just tried my demo on the browser and it ran worse than it would on any handheld device...

PC and MAC is enough for me :)

I've used nothing but WebGL to do the fx in my game. Once this plugin is finished I'll be moving on from Constuct Classic as the bonus level of my game is a space harrier style coin collecting level and that is the main reason why I haven't switched over completely yet... and the water in my "wild west" level looks stupid doing a multi layer scroll.

And thank you so much for doing this plug in - you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to it!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Any word on how this plug-in is coming along? Dying to get my hands on it!!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 am

You might want to check out this thread: Mode7 effect
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Yes, please! :D
B