Modifed platform plugin causing custom animation buggyness

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • So far using the built in platform plugin I found it to be very usful, that was until I started to add ladders, I was able to get the correct animations working for the player but, the jump bugged out using the built in tags this worked fine but broke the ladders, so I took a look into the platform code to suppress playing of the ladder animation, so far it was as simple as going to ExtObject::OnFrame and to line 1250 adding the following in place of the single call(also added a set and unset flag what simply does a bitwise operation to enable and disable the altered behavior) :

if (ExtendedFlags & MT_ExtraFlags::EX_FLAG_ONLADDER) { }
    else { SetAnimation(jumping); }
    [/code:3n3uuwid]

for the sake of all this all MT_ExtraFlags::EX_FLAG_ONLADDER means is 0x01

But now I get a weird bug what did not occur where if i drop down off a platform or jump onto a ladder instead of climbing from the floor when i climb up the animation frames will not increment I also get the same effect doing this check from within the is jumping condition.

Edit: Manged to fix the bug, it was not related to the plugin but rather the event sheet(On dropping from a platform and midair attach I forgot to set the plugins ladder flag but had set the OnLadder private var I was using).
  • mathew653

So far using the built in platform plugin I found it to be very usful, that was until I started to add ladders, I was able to get the correct animations working for the player but, the jump bugged out using the built in tags this worked fine but broke the ladders, so I took a look into the platform code to suppress playing of the ladder animation, so far it was as simple as going to ExtObject::OnFrame and to line 1250 adding the following in place of the single call(also added a set and unset flag what simply does a bitwise operation to enable and disable the altered behavior) :

> if (ExtendedFlags & MT_ExtraFlags::EX_FLAG_ONLADDER) { }
    else { SetAnimation(jumping); }
    [/code:1909knfp]

for the sake of all this all MT_ExtraFlags::EX_FLAG_ONLADDER means is 0x01

But now I get a weird bug what did not occur where if i drop down off a platform or jump onto a ladder instead of climbing from the floor when i climb up the animation frames will not increment I also get the same effect doing this check from within the is jumping condition.

This is posted in the - now retired - Construct Classic section.

Is this what you intended?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is posted in the - now retired - Construct Classic section.

Is this what you intended?

Yea, the plugin work is related to construct classic's engine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)