monetizing our games

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:47 am

guys i didn't know where to post this comment, so i placed it here. if you've checked out the news about C2 r100 upgrade coming in a week, it will be a MAJOR upgrade for DEVELOPMENT (shaders, etc), and DEPLOYMENT (ios, exe)...but what about MONETIZING? are there any plug-ins or talk about MONETIZING our games via native support for various in game ads, or in-game currencies, etc...like for example Google Play Licensing, iAds, etc?

any ideas?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 am

Here are a few ways to monetize your games:

clay.io has written a plugin that will let you integrate there complete social gaming back-end.

Leaderboards
Achievements
Data Storage
Payments
Analytics
Posting to Facebook Walls
Posting Tweets
Posting to the Clay.io Stream
Multiplayer Rooms
Cross Promotion
Ratings

PLUGIN Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

Here are there tutorials:

Integrating Leaderboards, Achievements, and Social Features

Publishing Your Game to the Clay.io Marketplace

You could also sell your game code on marketJS

Here is there tutorial:

How to sell your game to large publishers

And you could always look in the Help Wanted section.

Here is a company that's got lots of freelance work, and has been screaming for help:

Quality PAID Work for C2 Developers - Hiring Now!

^^These guys are the real deal meaning they pay $$$ ;)Wink2012-08-16 04:53:34
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:56 am

wink ... you're awesome...that's exactly what i was looking for. what's your experience with clay.io, do you like it?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:39 am

@hyem yes, I love clay.io they have everything Iv been waiting for :D

As far as my experience with clay.io they just finished writing there plugin about a week ago. But Iv been following there progress, and read over all the API documentation on there site which really helped me so far with it's implementation.

I just started testing it out though. I am in the proses of making a simple game right now to test out all of there social features with before I start a more serious project. So far so good :)

I'm glad this is what you were looking for. I would recommend reading over the API documentation on there site though. They have more in depth documentation on how to implement each feature with Construct 2.Wink2012-08-17 06:05:41
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 pm

@hyem shoot me an email or PM if you have any other questions - austin@clay.io

@Wink, thanks for the mention!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 am

@austin, thanks for taking the time to offer your assistance (to say nothing of the effort you've put in creating your great plug-in). give me till the end of this week to research your plug in so i can shoot you an email with a list of my question(s).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:11 am

guys, i have another question:
how do you "charge" for your games? say i find a place to host my html5 game; so how do i "code" the game or what plug-in do i use so the demo is free but the full-blown-game is available only if they pay $2.99...or sell DLC for say 99 Cents? Dont know if clay.io does this...dont know how to incorporate that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 am

For the free demo and full blown game, I'd use a combination of Player.purchaseGame [URL=http://clay.io/docs/player](docs here) and Player.hasInstalled to check if they've purchased it (if they have, allow access to the full game). Note that this isn't currently in the C2 plugin, shoot me an email or PM when you need it and I'll get it implemented (otherwise it'll just be in the next release of the plugin)

For DLC, you would create items that can be purchased via the Payments API (this is already integrated into the plugin). You can see documentation here and here.austin2012-08-21 04:33:11
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:44 am

wow...you're awesome austin !!! give me a week to research into the plug in and i'll totally get back to you. thanks a million, again; not just for reply but also your efforts, and sharing them with us.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:01 am

Your welcome austin, and thank you for providing us with the perfect back-end solution for our Construct 2 games.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General