Monetizing your app (Android)?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 am

I got the test ads too originally. My mistake was that I setup admob and mopub incorrectly. Make sure in mopub to set publisher id to your ad unit I'd from admob - not publisher id. To get this you need to have banner setup in admob. Did you do this?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Oh man you just saved me, i don't think i would've figured this out as i have been trying to solve this problem for the past day and it was getting frustrating, in the tutorial it tells you to put your publisher ID where the Publish ID section is, which kinda makes sense, but now I put the banner Id instead and it works :) thank again
Image Stoorn Memory Puzzle
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

@TheSynan
I dont' know what Crosswalk is. I just used CocoonJS because it has the HTML 5 "accelerator".

You mean add actual banners to your game or create banners to promote on other people's games. You don't export for a banner, but you input the banner ID into Ludei when you export your APK.

@rhonal89
I received test ads originally as well.

1. Did you create a banner in Admob?
2. Did you put Admob banner ID into Mopub?
3. Did you put in Mopub Banner banner ID into Ludei?

I put my MoPub Banner AdUnit into Ludei Services > Ads and exported my apk from there. It took me two hours to figure out and kinda confused how I got here.

Admob sends banner ID to mopub and mopub to ludei
Admob > Mopub > Ludei
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:15 am

@jook00 I got it working. Just how you said. I just had to wait a little. Thank You!! for the reply.
B
G

Post » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:13 am

You have to create the banner ad in mopub using the admob. If all you have is the mopub test banner in mopub, that's all you're going to get.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 am

To get ads to display properly here is where you need to put the "ad unit links" throughout Admob > Mopub > Ludei

AdMob
1. Click Monetize new app
2. Copy "Ad unit ID" from the setting page (Ad unit ID, Automatic refresh, Text ad style, Ad unit name)

MoPub
Part 1:
1. Network > Admob, Click blue link on top right Edit Network
2. Under Set Up Your Inventory, click Edit Section
3. Under "Publisher ID" Paste Admob Ad Unit ID from steps above.

Part 2:
1. Click Inventory tab, then below graph click on Ad Units tab, click on Ad Unit link
2. Top right, click Code Integration
3. Copy the Ad unit ID from field: "Your ad Unit ID"

Ludei
1. In DevPortal go to Services > Ads (you have to have permission to have this link otherwise you won't see it).
2. In Banner AdUnit field insert Ad Unit ID from MoPub and check box for AdMob
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me here. I've followed this tutorial on adding Admob, and Mopub to Cocoonjs:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/781/how-to-setup-admob-ads-on-construct-2-mopub-cocoonjs

I've made sure I've enabled banners at the start and end of certain layouts. I've followed the tutorial to the letter until Windows 8 restarted on me and I lost the tab with my mopub ID number. I'm skulking around Mopub's website and it doesn't look like it's something you can recover.

Well, I did the tutorial right up until testing the debug-signed apk and I've yet to see one ad. It's been seven hours, I wasn't sure how long it normally takes. I doubled back in Cocoonjs, Mopub, and Admob to make sure I followed the right settings and still nothing. I have noticed my game lags a bit more as if it was trying to display something but nothing shows up. Not exactly sure where to start.

I hope maybe you guys could help, thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:11 am

@GG-Works

Follow my instructions in part2 from above.
Repasting it for you to retrive MoPub ID number:

1. Click Inventory tab, then below graph click on Ad Units tab, click on Ad Unit link
2. Top right, click Code Integration
3. Copy the Ad unit ID from field: "Your ad Unit ID".

This is the number you need for Ludei.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:13 am

Also, it looks like my Ads stopped working today and two days ago. Not sure what's going on as I'm trying to troubleshoot. I feel like it's a Admob issue right now and maybe it will resolve itself tomorrow? Yeah, this makes it incredibly hard to review and fix.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 am

What should one put in the event sheet in construct for the ads? I have
Code: Select all
on start of layout   Show fullscreen ad
Is in CocoonJS        Show banner ad

Doesn't seem to work though.
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?