Monster Hunter like Top Down Action RPG

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • Think Construct 2 is powerful enough for such a game? I've seen threads about making rpgs in general in constuct 2 and people said it wasn't really the best for that/ couldn't really do it, let alone an action rpg with inventory and things found in a monster hunter game, but also those threads were from 2012 so i'm sure a lot has changed drastically since then.

• Construct 2 is certainly powerful enough for such a game. You have to do it 2d and you may not be able to include online multiplayer because I have heard it is a struggle to deal with but I honestly haven't tried so it may be exaggerated a bit. Inventory, hunting, gathering, crafting, fishing and anything else in Monster Hunter would be doable.

• Construct 2 is certainly powerful enough for such a game. You have to do it 2d and you may not be able to include online multiplayer because I have heard it is a struggle to deal with but I honestly haven't tried so it may be exaggerated a bit. Inventory, hunting, gathering, crafting, fishing and anything else in Monster Hunter would be doable.

That's honestly all I needed to hear! Thanks. Ofc yea it would be 2D top down action. Only thing I'd want to add is a Chao garden kinda like thing. But I'm sure that's possible too.

• honestly, Monster Hunter is one of my favorite games, please let me know also, I found something a while back that may help you, https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5037/how-to-make-a-boss-with-individual-destructible-parts

this guide will show you how to make destructible parts on bosses, for them tail carves

• And hey, if you get enough experience, you can buy Q3D in the future and make it 3D. Just make sure that you keep it low poly if you're targetting mobile platforms!

• honestly, Monster Hunter is one of my favorite games, please let me know also, I found something a while back that may help you, https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5037/how-to-make-a-boss-with-individual-destructible-parts

this guide will show you how to make destructible parts on bosses, for them tail carves

Thanks that really helps!

• And hey, if you get enough experience, you can buy Q3D in the future and make it 3D. Just make sure that you keep it low poly if you're targetting mobile platforms!

Get me up to speed, what is Q3D?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kraplanta - Q3D is a paid set of plugins created by QuaziGNRLnose . It is a combination of plugins and behaviors that will make 3D making in Construct 2 easier/doable.

This will be a good tool for your creation of 3D Monster Hunter game alike.

Here is the link:

• Construct 2 is definitely powerful enough for an 2d RPG/ monster hunter. However, speaking if you wanted to make it in 3D, speaking from personal experience, you would be much better off using something like Unity as it is designed for 3D.

• Kraplanta - Q3D is a paid set of plugins created by QuaziGNRLnose . It is a combination of plugins and behaviors that will make 3D making in Construct 2 easier/doable.

This will be a good tool for your creation of 3D Monster Hunter game alike.

Here is the link:

interesting, i would've never guessed

• Construct 2 is definitely powerful enough for an 2d RPG/ monster hunter. However, speaking if you wanted to make it in 3D, speaking from personal experience, you would be much better off using something like Unity as it is designed for 3D.

Haha solo 3D game development has never been a beast in my interest to tackle, its why im here! if i wanted to do 3d a team would be REQUIRED.

• KnivetonStudios is right. Though, honestly, if you don't have much programming experience, you will have an easier time using Unreal Engine 4, which uses a drag and drop programming interface like Construct 2. It's also free and open source, so it's affordable xD.

Kraplanta if you get some UE4 experience under your belt you could always call me up! Check out my quite small artist portfolio: http://opengameart.org/users/the-chayed-kiira

• I think you may have been mistaken as Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ source code.

Hey! How did you do that your healthbar is always on the left edge? Please answer me

• I think you may have been mistaken as Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ source code.

O.o Yeah, the source itself is C++. Pretty much every engines source is C++. You can tell just by looking at C2 that is was probably developed with C++ inside Visual Studio, just as much as you can see it in UE4.

I meant that the game programming is optionally visual programming. It's called Blueprints and is just as, if not more, useful and easy as Construct 2's programming interface. You should try it out if you haven't.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)