Monster Hunter like Top Down Action RPG

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 3:43 pm

KnivetonStudios wrote:Construct 2 is definitely powerful enough for an 2d RPG/ monster hunter. However, speaking if you wanted to make it in 3D, speaking from personal experience, you would be much better off using something like Unity as it is designed for 3D.

Haha solo 3D game development has never been a beast in my interest to tackle, its why im here! if i wanted to do 3d a team would be REQUIRED.
B
S

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 6:00 am

@KnivetonStudios is right. Though, honestly, if you don't have much programming experience, you will have an easier time using Unreal Engine 4, which uses a drag and drop programming interface like Construct 2. It's also free and open source, so it's affordable xD.

@Kraplanta if you get some UE4 experience under your belt you could always call me up! :) Check out my quite small artist portfolio: http://opengameart.org/users/the-chayed-kiira
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 10:20 am

@KTML5 I think you may have been mistaken as Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ source code.
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 am

KTML5 wrote:And hey, if you get enough experience, you can buy Q3D in the future and make it 3D. Just make sure that you keep it low poly if you're targetting mobile platforms!

Hey! How did you do that your healthbar is always on the left edge? Please answer me :o :o :o
B

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 8:49 pm

KnivetonStudios wrote:@KTML5 I think you may have been mistaken as Unreal Engine 4 uses C++ source code.

O.o Yeah, the source itself is C++. Pretty much every engines source is C++. You can tell just by looking at C2 that is was probably developed with C++ inside Visual Studio, just as much as you can see it in UE4.

I meant that the game programming is optionally visual programming. It's called Blueprints and is just as, if not more, useful and easy as Construct 2's programming interface. You should try it out if you haven't.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 pm

@Longben kind of off topic, but create a new layer and set its paralex rate to 0. next time though, ask those questions in the "How Do I" forum
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 8:58 pm

And not meaning to spam, but I'd like to add to the thing I said about UE4 and say it's not good for 2D games. It's rendering code is overkill for a 2d game.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

KTML5 wrote:And not meaning to spam, but I'd like to add to the thing I said about UE4 and say it's not good for 2D games. It's rendering code is overkill for a 2d game.

I tried GameMaker yesterday and honestly it's turned me off to extensive coding of any sort what so ever damn near. It just takes to long to get something good and working in comparison to construct 2. The only draws are the cheaper price tag and the opportunity for being a ps4 and Xbox dev. Which is something construct 2 SORELY lacks.
B
S

Post » Sat May 28, 2016 6:48 am

@Kraplanta are you saying they dropped the price of GameMaker: Studio? Last I checked, to get as many exports as C2 it costs around 700$, which is insane in comparison to C2's 100$ personal license xD.

I agree though, leave the programming to the programmers. That's the point of engines like C2 and UE4, two engines that don't require a programmer, but still benefit from one. I personally think it's important that the ability to develop a game is easily achievable, because knowing how to program doesn't mean you know how to make a good game ;).
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 29, 2016 11:06 pm

KTML5 wrote:@Kraplanta are you saying they dropped the price of GameMaker: Studio? Last I checked, to get as many exports as C2 it costs around 700$, which is insane in comparison to C2's 100$ personal license xD.

I agree though, leave the programming to the programmers. That's the point of engines like C2 and UE4, two engines that don't require a programmer, but still benefit from one. I personally think it's important that the ability to develop a game is easily achievable, because knowing how to program doesn't mean you know how to make a good game ;).

Precisely! And yea it's $349 now for all the exports, but even the $80 version of Game Maker Studio has Xbox one & PS4 exports.
B
S

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas