Monster Truck Smash (WIP)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Monster Truck Smash

Guide the Monster truck over the obstacles, and crush things.

Work in progress (no sounds)

PLAY

Any feedback welcome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Hahaha nice ending line ^^
Pretty cool. I made it on my first try, the truck seems pretty stable, and it's coherent.
My second try, I rushed to the end, and went so far in the air I went over the finish line and wasn't stated that I had finished ^^

That's a cool prototype, you should make far more levels/level editor/etc... (you know the usual ^^)

I had fun, I want more !
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 pm

I echo Kyatric's sentiments, it's really fun and I don't even usually like this type of game.

Only problem I had was that once I got completely stuck upside-down, wedged between a hill and a car, with no amount of left or right clicking able to free me. Maybe you could add an action to flip the truck if you detect it's upside-down for more than a second or two?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 am

You make these types of games feel nice to play when I had a go at this type of game it worked nicely, except for handling the rotation both ways. If I went the way you did it it felt fine, but if I do it jnt the opposite direction not so good so I gave up.. Have you had this problem?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 am

Kyatric@
Hahaha nice ending line ^^
Pretty cool. I made it on my first try, the truck seems pretty stable, and it's coherent.
My second try, I rushed to the end, and went so far in the air I went over the finish line and wasn't stated that I had finished ^^

That's a cool prototype, you should make far more levels/level editor/etc... (you know the usual ^^)

I had fun, I want more !
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on the next few (harder) levels as we speak. I just need to make a few more 'vehicle' textures and better obstacles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

SullyTheStrange@

I echo Kyatric's sentiments, it's really fun and I don't even usually like this type of game.

Only problem I had was that once I got completely stuck upside-down, wedged between a hill and a car, with no amount of left or right clicking able to free me. Maybe you could add an action to flip the truck if you detect it's upside-down for more than a second or two?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Holding down the right mouse, usually gets you flipped unless your really jammed.
I could add a button that allows you to flip back when stuck..? (didnt want to make it too easy though)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

smitchell@
You make these types of games feel nice to play when I had a go at this type of game it worked nicely, except for handling the rotation both ways. If I went the way you did it it felt fine, but if I do it jnt the opposite direction not so good so I gave up.. Have you had this problem?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you mean getting the truck to move both ways? If you do...then it would only be a case of reversing the physics impluses?
--------------------------------------------------------

Thank for your imput guys.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

Too fun!!! Great game!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:02 am

No I meant handling the rotation(flips) both ways