monster universe

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:33 pm

[quote="jordondavey161":210df9h5]this is my own game i just followed tutorials to do it
i mean not to be rude but its not like anyone new to contruct can go and make there own game without tutoirals and make the next gta5 or soul calibur 4[/quote:210df9h5]

We're not saying that, it's just that you really shouldn't post something you've made from a tutorial. Tutorials are there to teach you how to do something, but using one and then releasing what you've essentially copied isn't a very good practice.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm

[quote="jordondavey161":17rx9drc]this is my own game i just followed tutorials to do it
i mean not to be rude but its not like anyone new to contruct can go and make there own game without tutoirals and make the next gta5 or soul calibur 4[/quote:17rx9drc]

new users can take what they learned from the ghost shooter tutorial and use it to create an original idea. What you have here is just the ghost shooter tutorial with a few slight modifications. People will respect you a thousand times more if you create an original idea. Tutorials are just meant to help you learn the program's basic functions; a game shouldn't be based on a tutorial.

[quote="jordondavey161":17rx9drc]also so do you think i should continue makin this game monster universe[/quote:17rx9drc]

Use what you learned about the program and think of something which is completely yours! :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 pm

what game should i make cos any game i make will be with stuff i have leared from ghost shooter tutorial so it will just be a other ghost shooter game right
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, you could make your own graphics at least :D

Also, I think it would be great benefit if yo checked another set of tutorials out. There's Deadeye's Platform tutorial. Try not to learn "how to make a certain kind of game", try to understand how the program works, so you could make any kind of game :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:13 pm

from the other hand you could make a game like ghost shooter, but improved with loads of new ideas and like drasa said with your own gfx ( even if it would be ugly it would be yours!). most of the basic orl engine aspects i did in one day just looking in to deadeyes platformer tutorial.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:17 pm

i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.
im no good at art so cant make my own graphics.

what do you recon
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 pm

[quote="jordondavey161":21etw22j]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.
[/quote:21etw22j]

what you have here my friend, is the post of the year. :lol:

use ripped sprites if you really have to, but theres no use in saying you cant do something if you dont really try. im sure your game is good for a beginner's, but take what you have learned and apply it to something new, im sure there are games youve played and enjoyed in the past, why not model it after them? maybe you like megaman, so make a platforming shooter, maybe you like shootem ups, so make one of those, think. dont say that you cant do something. im sure you have great ideas, find a way to make them a reality, try your hand at graphics and dont say (i cant do it.)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:44 pm

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":3vmaiynt][quote="jordondavey161":3vmaiynt]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.
[/quote:3vmaiynt]

what you have here my friend, is the post of the year. :lol:

use ripped sprites if you really have to, but theres no use in saying you cant do something if you dont really try. im sure your game is good for a beginner's, but take what you have learned and apply it to something new, im sure there are games youve played and enjoyed in the past, why not model it after them? maybe you like megaman, so make a platforming shooter, maybe you like shootem ups, so make one of those, think. dont say that you cant do something. im sure you have great ideas, find a way to make them a reality, try your hand at graphics and dont say (i cant do it.)[/quote:3vmaiynt]
And besides there is fucking bilions-trilions-zilions free gfx recourses on the net!
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 pm

[quote="jordondavey161":1rptjrqi]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.[/quote:1rptjrqi]

Win. Please someone sticky this. It SERIOUSLY made my day. :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 pm

[quote="SuperV":308zesnl][quote="jordondavey161":308zesnl]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.[/quote:308zesnl]

Win. Please someone sticky this. It SERIOUSLY made my day. :lol:[/quote:308zesnl]

Just stop taking a piss out of thisss ><'
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations