monster universe

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:58 pm

[quote="SuperV":308zesnl][quote="jordondavey161":308zesnl]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.[/quote:308zesnl]

Win. Please someone sticky this. It SERIOUSLY made my day. :lol:[/quote:308zesnl]

Just stop taking a piss out of thisss ><'
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Whether you like someone or not, doesn't mean you should deny yourself the knowledge you'll gain from his tutorials. I wasn't too interested in writing a platformer but I learned a load of things from his tuts that will serve me for other projects.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:38 pm

what the fuck i have autism so im not the most best at making games but then your all taking the piss just like if spelt something wrong you say this-

wherb do i get it.
but i ment where do i get it you horrible people say wherb wtf.

your all as horible as each other i thought we where getting somwwhere with people helping me out then you just take the piss.

fuck you alll im leaving
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm

[quote="jordondavey161":1jvad1yb]i dont like dread eye so i wont be watching his tutroial.[/quote:1jvad1yb]
Be advised: you just signed up as a new member and said you don't like a well-respected member. Wise move?

Anyways, thread locked. Everyone chill out! I've had a look, and it seems that everyone has given mostly constructive advice so far. I hope you don't take that the wrong way: you could gain a lot from a tutorial, even if it's a different genre to the game you want to make. Also, you will probably get more respect for your game if you don't use the tutorial graphics - even if they're from a free graphics website, a library you paid for, or if someone else drew them. Still, keep it up - noone never got anywhere without trying!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Wow :P

jordandavey, if I offended you in some way then I apologize. I was simply speaking plainly and bluntly. But... I meant every word. You should take the knowledge you've learned and create your own game.

Listen to the other members here, and take their advice: Simply making a clone of someone else's game is not a good idea. The tutorials and templates are there for learning purposes, they're not meant to be a basis for your own game.

Keep learning Construct, and try developing your own ideas. I guarantee you will be more satisfied with the results, and others will be much more enthusiastic about your work.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations