MoPub problem

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • In my game, ads only show if MoPub demo line item is enable, if i disable demo line item ads won't open, why ?

this is very bad because the demo item is visible for long time

• Hi I had the same problem and I went crazy looking for the solution, in my case I resolved using the 1.4.7 compiler cocon!! With the new beta not working admob ads.

• i'm using 1.4.7 compiler, but ads only show if mopub demo is enable

• Well, in my application, the demo only appeared at the beginning and exited automatically measure the fill rate of the mopub marketplace and my networks increased.

And just clarifying that the ads running on version 2.0.0 of cocoonjs, what happens is that it is very stable yet, so I advise to keep in version 1.4.7 for now.

Even the matter of performance, which in the old version (1.4.7), runs much better on underpowered smartphones.

• anyone else noticing a drop in Mopub impressions the last few days or is it just me?

• russpuppy

The Ludei itself admitted that they are having problems with the combination Ludei + Mopub, perhaps in the coming weeks leave some kind of solution, but I believe that will restrict the cocoonjs new version (2.0.1), which also has major problems compatibility with samsung devices (android greatest market share).

For what reason is not possible, Scirra develop a plugin to use the Admob directly? (I say this because it is the most used).

Perhaps the use of Admob SDK, be a hindrance, but it would be something so positive for the community it might be worth the bother.

• so I have actually had something crazier happen, somehow mopub has deleted several apps from my dashboard and that's why I'm not getting impressions anymore. I've sent mopub support an email....

• russpuppy same thing happened to 2 out of my 3 games. MoPub decided to delete them . I had to re-add them and resubmit to Ludei with the new ID

• Cipriux really? wow, what a terrible bug to have in their system. Kind of scary how fast that can just wipe out your revenue stream. Still haven't heard back from Mopub support...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • russpuppy actually they deleted my games not because of a bug...but they said my game is targeted for children under 13 years old. They quoted from their Terms of service

"(i) No site or application within your Customer Network is a website or online service directed to children, as defined under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), and (ii) You will not transmit any "Personal Information" (as defined under COPPA) about or relating to an individual under the age of 13 to MoPub. "

I don't understand exactly what is that all about.

• Cipriux I wonder if I had the COPPA setting on for those apps... I may have (even though these weren't kid targeted apps). How did you know that's why they removed them, did you receive an email about it or something?

• russpuppy Yes, I receive an email notification ...but did not pay attention at the time

[quote:35p01heg]Dear Publisher,

You previously informed MoPub that one or more of your applications or sites is targeted at children under 13 years of age, as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. You indicated this when adding your application or site to the MoPub Marketplace or Ad Serving program. You answered "Yes" to the "COPPA" question "Is your app targeted at 13 year olds or younger?"

With our recent updates to the MoPub Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Program Policies, MoPub is discontinuing support of self-identified children's apps and sites registered through the MoPub website. Our updated Terms of Service require that publishers represent and warrant that:

(i) No site or application within your Customer Network is a website or online service directed to children, as defined under the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), and (ii) You will not transmit any "Personal Information" (as defined under COPPA) about or relating to an individual under the age of 13 to MoPub.

See section 4(h) of the updated Terms of Service, under the heading "Child-Directed Sites or Apps," at http://go.pardot.com/e/17632/legal-tos/drdg6/164983773.

We are hereby giving you notice that MoPub will be suspending your self-identified children's apps and sites as of the close of business on Friday May 16, 2014.

If you mistakenly answered "Yes" to the "COPPA" question for your app or site, use this form to let us know by no later than close of business on Wednesday April 30, 2014. However, please keep in mind that we reserve the right to suspend your use of MoPub in our discretion.

MOPUB, INC. POLICY TEAM

1355 Market Street, Suite 900

San Francisco, CA 94103

I received the email on 29 April at 22:24 and I had only 1 day to fix it

[quote:35p01heg]If you mistakenly answered "Yes" to the "COPPA" question for your app or site, use this form to let us know by no later than close of business on Wednesday April 30, 2014. However, please keep in mind that we reserve the right to suspend your use of MoPub in our discretion.

• I never got the email unless somehow it got lost in my spam folder. I did however get a response from MoPub, they did say it was because I had the COPPA setting on. Too bad really since the only reason I had the coppa setting on was because I thought maybe it wouldn't collect as much information from users' devices.

I'll just have to go ahead and add back all of my apps to mopub

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)