MoPub vs. AdMob

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • I have just released my new game,

I have ~2.5 eCPM on AdMob,

but MoPub shows only... 20% fillrate for interstitials...

which is tragedy

That's because AdMob serves AdSense backfill only for native SDK implementations,

not for server-to-server (like MoPub).

Ehh...

• 2 days later:

fillrate for AdMob interstitials = 13%

I think I will have to put ugly banner on bottom of the screen

ArcadEd

what's results for Hungry Hal?

• I've never gotten good fill rates with Full screen ads regardless. I use the mopub marketplace most of the time now. Fill rates vary from 20 percent to 80 percent depending on the game.

I'm still trying to determine the best way to do FS ads and which services to use.

• ArcadEd

1) What is your typical eCPM for Marketplace?

2) What are payment terms? (how long, methods etc.)

anyway even for AdMob banners MoPub sucks, because fillrate

native = 80-90%

MoPub = 50-60%

all because of no AdSense backfill

• I never realized it was the no backfill thing. It's why I try to add in several networks to get my fill rate up. I recently added in mnectar into my rotation. They reached out to me to try them and have been really helpful in helping me understand the process and how mopub works in general. I'll let you know how it works out.

• szymek To get good fillrate you need to preload your interstitial 10-20 seconds before showing it...or at the beginning of the layout. I given up on MoPub for the low fill rate (40-60%) . Now I use AdMob directly (with Intel XDK) and get 80-90% fillrate.

These are my statistics for the last 30 days:

Banners

Interstitial

• I should mention I have an event that reloads/refreshes full screen ads every 60 seconds so I always have one loaded when I am ready to show it.

I think one of the issues with Mopub right now is how little we seem to understand how it all works. Since it was bought by twitter, I know they are doing a lot of work on the website to improve things in 2015. Here is hoping.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ArcadEd

I'm preloading ad at the beggining of each layout, but I will add "refresh" every 60 seconds too (but do I have to preload ad after refresh?)

And I have applied for MoPub Marketplace, to get some backfill.

I hope it will helps.

btw. what minimum eCPM had you set up for banners and interstitials in MoPub Marketplace?

Cipriux

I checked Chromium via CocoonJS and it gave me white screen

but anyway it's slower than CocoonJS

so I aprreciate native ads,

but I think that XDK is good only for simple games (because I don't want to see jittering)

• Found this on the Mopub forums today.

https://twittercommunity.com/t/fill-rat ... tion/22350

Interesting.

• ArcadEd

good for webdevelopers

in case of CocoonJS + MoPub everyone will agree that AdMob fillrates are at least 2x smaller (or 4-5x smaller in case of interstitials)

and you can't do anything about it (AdMob)

unless you have small project for Crosswalk

• I don't understand, why for web developers? That article isn't related to web, they use the wording "Pages" which could also mean layouts, screens, etc.

• ArcadEd

sorry, I was in hurry. Anyway I guess that preloading ads do the job?

Edit:

I have tested AdMob + Marketplace ads in case of "too fast click"

and again... low fill rate... For lets say 30-40 ad triggers I got 1 AdMob ad

and 2 MoPub ads.

• I think what they are referring too is when the fullscreen ad loads, there is a moment where the user can click X button to close the ad before it fully loads.

• ArcadEd

anyway my friend (native Java apps) have 99% fillrate for interstitials...

so... I will see how MoPub Marketplace works

and wait for smooth Crosswalk

• I've been getting really good support from Mopub, I'm going to reach out to them after the holidays and see if I can crack why I only have 30-40 percent on interstitial as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)