More mouse buttons?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:44 pm

And just to reiterate what's already been said, only 0, 1 and 2 registered, tested on Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Opera and NWjs
Nothing goes unanswered!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:25 pm

@briggybros
I guess that means you can't access those other buttons from javascript at this time. The spec as you linked mentions it as a possible feature, but I guess none of the browsers check more than the first three.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 05, 2016 2:17 pm

@R0J0hound is this something that could be fixed with a polyfill? I've looked around, but couldn't find one for it. I assume one could be written, at least for NWjs.

Addition: Also not working on chrome canary or Mozilla nightly.

Addition 2: Bought a new mouse with fully programmable keys, this can get around the problem in one sense by binding mouse 4 to say '4' on the keyboard. However, when binding 'mouse 4' to 'mouse 4', it prevents the button from becoming the browser's back button, but it still does not register. (chrome canary)
Nothing goes unanswered!
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2016 2:56 am

@briggybros
I bet it could, but I'm put off with the process of doing it. As I understand it can be done with:
1. being able to compile NWjs from it's source
2. looking up the windows interface to mice and see how to access other buttons.
3. combining the two.

2 is the easiest actually, and I'm stuck on 1, mainly because I don't have an os new enough for the required compiler.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General