More Options

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • For the construct layout would help a lot to make an option (in Order) to "put in front of" and "put beside of", also would be helpful if we could copy and paste animation frames by pressing ctrl+c and ctrl+v, if I remember more things I will say it here, thanks

By the way, I love construct xD

• The first ideas sound good, I'll try add em for the next build.

You can copy/paste animation frames by hitting C & V while they're selected, or using the right click menu.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks

I though about other festures for construct, and ways to make them more handy..

Tiled Layouts - It would be nice if construct had a tool to make a layout in tiles (make character movement in tiles, sprites in tiles, etc), but I though about it and it would be a great mess if you make a tool like that, so, the perfect thing would be, make this:

In File > New > New Direct-x Game > Pixel Based Game

> Tiled Based Game

This would make it easy for everyone.

This tipe of game is very handy and very used, it is used in games like "Final Fantasy I, II, III...VI ", "BomberMan", "PackMan", and others. If you dind't understand something, please ask

Layout BG - This is very handy, if I want to put a BG music, instead of creating an event to do that I could go to the Layout options and choose a music there, for example:

I made this, so you could see what I'm talking about. (Where it says "Layout Music > Browse")

Well, I hope I helped, and I hope you accept this features

Feedback please

• I don't think we can do a built-in layout music. The runtime has no built-in way to play music, and shouldn't, that's a job for plugins. There are different objects which use different engines to play different music formats. It's only one event in XAudio2, MOD or whatever anyway.

• Ok then xD

• Tiled Layouts - It would be nice if construct had a tool to make a layout in tiles (make character movement in tiles, sprites in tiles, etc), but I though about it and it would be a great mess if you make a tool like that, so, the perfect thing would be, make this:

In File > New > New Direct-x Game > Pixel Based Game

> Tiled Based Game

This would make it easy for everyone.

This tipe of game is very handy and very used, it is used in games like "Final Fantasy I, II, III...VI ", "BomberMan", "PackMan", and others. If you dind't understand something, please ask

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that what you're asking for is to have a specialized IDE, when you can make your own in what amounts to a few clicks and thirty seconds of setup time.

Why not use Grid movement? And turn on the grid in the layout? If you make all of your graphics at, say, 32x32 then set the Grid movement and the layout grid to 32x32.

So, to answer your question, you can already do exactly this, and with a minimum of effort. I don't see why there needs to be a special "Tiled Layout" option.

• You're right, thanks for the tip

Well, I have another suggestion I think this would be very handy for everyone. In my game I have a lot of objects, I don't know very much of coding so I will try to make you understand what I'm talking about, by showing you an image:

So, Object 1 is only one object but copied it and made many of them, although still the same object right? Well making what I did on the image (I think you can understand what I mean) will let us be able to move all the objects to front or behind of the others knowing where we are putting them. And we can actualy know what we are using (by Object 1 (1), (2), (3), (4)) we can't know wich object we are choosing) but as you can see in the image by choosing the object the name "Object 1 (3)" is hightlighted so we can know wich object we are controling. I hope I made you understand. By the way, sorry my bad english xP.

What do you think?

• To be clear, you're proposing a view on the Object Bar which shows instances of objects, and allows them to be dragged and repositioned over others?

If so, that's a good idea, and something that'll probably be gotten around to just before or just after 1.0.

• Yes it's exactily that

• I was thinking and it would be nice to have more options to unlock and unhide objects, we could have "unlock by hit" "unlock by name", "unhide by name".

I hope you find this useful

• Something I think construct could have is making Layout families. For example: we could make a folder called "city" and put one or more layouts in there in one of them we could put more sub-layouts, for example: "house" "Market". This would put the layouts more organized. What do you think?

• *bump.

I think this would be a very useful feature

• It would, it's something we'll get round to after 1.0 probably.

• Ok thanks for answer

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)