more questions (all will go here)

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:01 am

What do you mean?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 am

whenever there is a value, or a boolean input on the ace table, it can be input as an expression, for instance - set sprite.angle to "45*sprite2.x". i think thats a string that gets broken down and converted into a value? is it possible for a plugin to use some of these same conversion functions internally?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 pm

[quote="lucid":3pvm8spu]is it possible for a plugin to use some of these same conversion functions internally?[/quote:3pvm8spu]
No, those functions aren't available at runtime (even the runtime doesn't use them, because expressions are exported to the runtime in a preprocessed format).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:03 am

I have something I'm going to try tomorrow night, but if one of you already knows whether it's possible, it could potentially save me some time working on something that won't work.

if I have a property_edit that takes a filename.
and a property_bool, to click, and make it load the file, on properties update

I want the acetable to read the value of the filename in the property_edit.

First, do the ACETable functions get called every time the dialog is called?, or is it only read once when the object is added. if it is called every time:

The OnPropertiesUpdate (or something like that), is a member of ExtEdit.
and ACE uses global functions, if I remember correctly. I don't want to use global values unless it's a last resort, and I'm also not sure if it's safe to do so in this situation.
1. Is there another way to do this?

2. I can't find the code where adding a sprite object calls the sprite editor dialog. which file should I be looking in?

3. If sprite is not a special case, does the sdk have a particular way to add dialogs?, or is that what the MFC version is for?

thanks again for all the help, things are coming along nicely, if anyone's curious.
Going by how many functions I'm completing per day, and how many are left to write, I should have something cool to show in about a month. It will be far from complete, but it will be something that shows what types of things the plugins will be used for.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:55 am

ACES are only loaded when the program starts up.

I don't understand your first question.

It's the 'EditAnimation' function.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:05 pm

ok thanks, rich, the first question doesn't make any sense if it only loads the ACE Table once.

question:

As I've looked through the SDK tracing functions, and #defines and such, Every once in a while I stumble upon comments that say something along the lines of "See SDK docs for more information."
Is this referring to the ACE table and SDK wiki pages, or is there a docs file somewhere?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Eh, they were half written once but they're all out of date now. Ask here if you have any questions about anything. I'll write some SDK documentation eventually...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 pm

can I see the source for mouse/keyboard?

and also, can I modify plugins, and share the modified versions on the board? (with a different name of course to avoid conflicts)

is it possible/how do you set defaults for PARAMCOMBOs?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct engineering