More than one active layouts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

i.e. I need persistent events :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:44 am

Ok, If I was in your situation, I would probably pause the layout and record how long they were away. When I loaded it back up, I would sit the player on a load screen for a few seconds while I simulated that much time passed by. Hopefully there are shortcuts you could take, like finding one path (trip) for woodcutting, but retrieving a dozen trips worth.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:10 am

I'm not 100% sure on how well it work performance wise, as I feel tulamide's idea would be the best in the long run, but you could use multiple layers.

Separate layers for exterior, interior, npc's and player... when the player moves inside you hide the exterior layer and show the interior.

You would probably need some kind of reference/spawn point to re-position the player during the transition.

Then use a variable "location" for the npc's that could be checked for when they are outside or in the inn to enable/disable there visibility.

Just a thought
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:21 am

@arontwose thanks for the advice, though I am still worried about how to handle collision checks, line of sight and path finding in the invisible layers. Somehow they have to keep working but not interact with the currently active layer on top of them. Transitions and movement between them is the least of my worries :)

If I cannot find a better way I will put them all in the same layer, lower the size and resolution of all objects and hope for the best in terms of performance. I think I will need a layout of 30000 x 30000. Anyone has experience with layouts of this size? Or any other ideas about my problem?

Regards;
-wind
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?