Mortar Melon - Web/Desert Beta - Need testers!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:16 am

Same as Arima, game loads but when i try to select a level it crashes Safari. It's not the first game to do this so probably nothing you can do unfortunately.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks for the amazing feedback everyone - I'm making changes based on it now.

@Arima
[QUOTE]No way to zoom when playing with a mouse[/QUOTE]
Does the mouse scroll wheel not work for you? You can only zoom on larger levels, as the layout boundaries signify a dead zone for the melon.
[QUOTE]Most of the way through level 37, had another issue of it shooting through a pot and not catching it, and stopped playing there.[/QUOTE]
Any chance you can identify the pot in question?

@lemo
[QUOTE]you could eventually replace the planks at the end for the new levels,
because they don't fit the desert as well as the forest[/QUOTE]
Do you mean the planks on the screen that slides down at the end of the level?

Thanks again everyone, this has been super useful already!thehen2013-04-28 11:49:17
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 am

Yep that's the planks I'm talking about
I was thinking bamboo instead like in the levels
Or just the same sprite with a yellow-ish tint
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 am

I'd like to see a few more tween frames as the melon disforms.

Screenshots of this game, always make me want a smoothie...

As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:35 pm

I've noticed that if you go to the desert level and then back to the forest level, the desert music keeps playing.

Edit:
Not sure if this is possible, but is there a way you can cancel the firing of the melon. That is, if your finger goes offscreen, the shot is cancelled.
Sometimes, I was preparing my shot, then realized I needed to zoom out.Zero62013-04-29 19:44:12
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm

@Zero6 Thanks, we've just picked that up, trying to solve it now!

Hmm finger offscreen cancelling is a good idea. I'll test it out. Cancelling the shot seems like a common request so we'll definitely look at that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 am

Ah, yeah, the mouse wheel does work. I think it should zoom a lot more though - it took a lot of zooming to get it where I wanted. It would probably get tiring to do a lot of that every time the player wants to zoom.

One of the ones that got shot straight through was the right most one on level 31.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks everyone for the amazing feedback. We were able to make lots of changes based on what everyone said.

A couple of things we couldn't change:
- Mouse controls (we didn't have the capacity to test a rapidly different approach for this release. We'll definitely address it for the next release.)
- End of level planks (as UI stuff is created dynamically there's a lot of logic involved in this, and we didn't use a family for the planks (doh!) so this is pushed to the next release.

Literally every other point should now have been addressed. Our update is now live in the Windows Store - we'll have a proper announcement and trailer soon.

Thanks again everyone, I couldn't have asked for better feedback. This put into words what a lot of the Windows Store users just expressed through vague frustration.

Unfortunately the web build is now down, but you can play on Windows 8 here.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Argh, I missed getting to play the rest of the levels. XD I guess I'll have to wait until you release it on something other than win 8.

...You ARE gonna release on something other than win 8, right? :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations