Most up to date way of making an APK

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm

So I want to have an APK of KlangM ready for GDC, but intelXDK and cocoon are both giving me issues. Doesn't seem to work. This process of uploading my game to an external server for it to compile a build is rubbish imo. I am delighted to read that C3 will provide solutions for this (when btw?), but until then I'm wondering if anyone have any pro-tips about getting a working apk exported? Most tutorials I follow result in broken builds that either doesn't install or crashes on startup.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 am

I haven't tried yet but I would like to hear from the veteran's on how its done successful for when I get to that stage.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 am

This is an eternal question. Even if you managed to answer this perfectly today, something could go wrong next update of either C2 or XDK.

Default way is to export project and leave it as it is in XDK then build file. Then when you you start considering monetizing options a 5 minute thing is stretched into 7 days of stress trying to see what went wrong in your build.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:50 am

You should give PhoneGap a try as well. Maybe it will work for your project.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:43 am

Tinimations wrote:So I want to have an APK of KlangM ready for GDC, but intelXDK and cocoon are both giving me issues. Doesn't seem to work. This process of uploading my game to an external server for it to compile a build is rubbish imo. I am delighted to read that C3 will provide solutions for this (when btw?), but until then I'm wondering if anyone have any pro-tips about getting a working apk exported? Most tutorials I follow result in broken builds that either doesn't install or crashes on startup.

Thanks

What are the issues ur having with XDK? Which plugins are you using?
Youve probably done it already, but youve looked at the error log that XDK gives you? I was able to get to the bottom of a few problems with XDK by looking at the error log then Googling for whatever error presented. Most times people had posted about the same error either here or on the IntelXDK forums.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:13 am

In another post in C3 section this was mentioned but i havn't tried it.

Ashley wrote:
blurymind wrote:Most other game engines support spitting out a native APK that is not bundled with a web browser

Construct 2 already supports this as well. Just target Android 5.0+, and it won't bundle Crosswalk, which is what increases the file size. It's only there for Android 4.x support, which is steadily shrinking.

Targeting Android 5.0+ might solve some issues?

You can also try this tool from Google to make a webview app.
https://developer.chrome.com/multidevic ... ingstarted
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:06 am

export as cordova + build apk with Intel XDK works works just fine.

Describe your problem in detail, otherwise a post like this is of no use for anyone
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am

This blog has a detailed instructions. I did all according to this and it worked nicely. Some troubles has been but they have mostly been intel xdk bugs or similar that have been fixed (although new ones have been told to arisen)

http://www.megagamestudios.com/blogpost ... -your-game
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:34 pm

@glerikud Phonegap worked actually! :)
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:39 pm

I think that install this crosswalk runtime in the android devices solves many compatibility issues
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lk+Project
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General