Most up to date way of making an APK

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:19 pm

I gave up on using all available Admob plugins and have switched to Appodeal. I saw a tutorial that was only 10 months old and has received a lot of positive feedback.

Managed to build my APK using everything written in those pages but when I installed it no ads were being displayed. I got in touch with the Appodeal team and they said the existing WORKING plugin was old and had been replaced with a new one so I downloaded the new one and....Build Failed.

Moral of the story is doesn't matter how good current methods are. For all you know the next update would be released tomorrow 1 hour from now rendering the previous plugins obsolete. I've been trying to build a decent APK for 5 days now.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:35 pm

"the power of web" rofl.

where 1 update breaks everything.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:31 am

MPPlantOfficial wrote: I've been trying to build a decent APK for 5 days now.
I've developed apps on the android market. Not with C2 - since it is an HTML5 editor. C2 would be best suited for website gaming. My advice, pick up a book on android game development that has a nice game engine within the pages. Follow the book. And bam! You got an android game. I created my first one in under a week. Can C2 create android apps? Sure. Is it the proper tool? Who am I to say. But if your tired of trying, I suggest my advice.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 am

I know that install this crosswalk runtime in the android devices solves most of compatibility issues (caused by the various CSS and API's fragmented updates...)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lk+Project
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:50 am

that happens when you guys use crappy intelxdk and what not.

install visual studio, cordova tools and build there.
google some tutorials, it's easy
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am

If you haven't checked it out already, I've compiled a list of successful Intel XDK builds with a few Ad options here:
monetization-plugins-options_t188133

Would like to learn other methods in the near future but for now I have to complete and publish my 2 games.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:10 pm

But problem isnt build or publish.. Problem is warranty of 100% compatibility with all devices with no issues.. I think problem isnt use XDK or other framework because all of them use same crosswalk runtimes. Problens are those fragmented api's updates that changing lot of tyings everytime.. Sorry my english ><
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 pm

You shouldn't rely on those services. Instead you should try building your own apk's using the cordova command line tool.
Here is a tutorial I've made on the topic : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9432/h ... ng-cordova

It is all about the config.xml file, which holds all the configuration settings of your game and the plugins that will be downloaded by the cordova cli to be used in your game.

By default, C2 adds a couple of lines to the file so that cordova installs the webview plugin alongside the file and http plugins.
Do a search on how to include cordova plugins in the config.xml.
Banned User
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General