Mouse controller speed?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:58 am

I think you pointed to the right direction, uberlou. Even if not, at least I learned something again :mrgreen:

And if you don't mind, I added TimeDelta to the move at angle action, as well as adding the set angle towards position action, also with TimeDelta, to make it really behave constant :wink:

[url:25oxtol9]http://www.filedropper.com/movingconstantly[/url:25oxtol9]

4ror, I hope you finally found what you were looking for? :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Thank you both! Looks like Uberlou's cap file is the solution I'm after. Tulamide I think your link is not working though, would be interested to see what you came up with.
My Games on google play

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:39 pm

[quote="4ror":1wvgddx6]Tulamide I think your link is not working though, would be interested to see what you came up with.[/quote:1wvgddx6]
I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to the file upload. I try another hoster now and share a slightly different version (deceleration added). Hope the link works this time *cross fingers*

[url:1wvgddx6]http://www.mediafire.com/file/ojmtyiiwgtd/MovingConstantly.cap[/url:1wvgddx6]
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:13 pm

No problem 4ror.

[quote="tulamide":3pc6dvjm]And if you don't mind, I added TimeDelta to the move at angle action, as well as adding the set angle towards position action, also with TimeDelta, to make it really behave constant[/quote:3pc6dvjm]

I don't mind you editing my file at all, though I was under the impression that the expressions I used already applied timedelta. Your lerp solution is probably better anyway since you'll get closer to the mouse position.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:22 pm

[quote="UberLou":13or81nz]I don't mind you editing my file at all, though I was under the impression that the expressions I used already applied timedelta. Your lerp solution is probably better anyway since you'll get closer to the mouse position.[/quote:13or81nz]
Yes, that's strange. I thought the same, but when I tested your solution with framerate mode unlimited the movement was much quicker than in v-synced mode. But somewhere I read about built-in features being timebased instead of framebased, but maybe that only applies to behaviors?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Tulamide, I like the your deceleration control, this is an interesting feature I hadn't thought about. I also like Uberlou's method by way of increasing the distance the mouse pointer has to move away from the sprite before the sprite will start to follow the mouse. This will help reduce 'slight' or unwanted mouse gestures, whereas, 'purposeful' or long mouse movement is key to the control system I want to achieve.

Happy days, thank you both again!
My Games on google play

ImageImage
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic