Mouse vs Touch object

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Hey guys!

Why use touch if mouse works on tablets/smartphones? Because with the Touch object I'm having a little delay
to execute the action... Mouse does not have this little delay. What is the difference between this two objects,
Can I use mouse normally to make smartphone games?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:47 pm

The touch object provides multi touch support, as well as detection of double taps, touch speed, accelerometer access, etc. I'm not sure why you would be getting a delay with the touch object -- it might be helpful to mention if you actually tested on a phone, or just a desktop browser -- but you should stick with that if you're building a game around touch.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14 pm

linkman2004 wrote:The touch object provides multi touch support, as well as detection of double taps, touch speed, accelerometer access, etc. I'm not sure why you would be getting a delay with the touch object -- it might be helpful to mention if you actually tested on a phone, or just a desktop browser -- but you should stick with that if you're building a game around touch.

Hey mate, thanks for the explaination!

Yeah... I've tested on my iPad but seems very unresponsive with the TOUCH object... I'm trying to make a flappy bird just for testing and if I tap the bird double time it just do the first jump... If I want a double jump I need to tap wait one second and tap again...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Already fixed! Do not use "Gestures - on Tap". I'm using "On Any touch start" now and fixed my problem. Thanks!
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General