move my Character automatically

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:30 am

Hi,

I´m new here, I´m doing my first game using Construct 2 and I have a lot of doubts, I read some tutorial, but I don´t find how to move my Character automatically. how do i move the character without any input

Thank you very much.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Easiest ways are to either give your character the 8-way behavior and then use "simulate" events or to give your character the bullet behavior and then simply set a speed on creation (or start of layout) to move right and a negative speed to go left.. (or change its angle or facing).

I would recommend starting with the monster shooter basic tutorial and looking at the example templates that come with construct 2.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 am

It's a plat former game. and this is the part of the story line. the character have to move to the end of the level automatically. i tried some check point collion and jump , but that is not reliable.

Hoe do i move my character in a specific path in platformer...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:07 pm

I can think of no other way for platformer. You will need to simulate the controls using the platformer events and tweak the collision (I would use on-overlap with invisible trigger sprite) until it works like you want. You are basically scripting AI like you would for enemy behavior except for player.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions