move my Character automatically

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • Hi,

I´m new here, I´m doing my first game using Construct 2 and I have a lot of doubts, I read some tutorial, but I don´t find how to move my Character automatically. how do i move the character without any input

Thank you very much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Easiest ways are to either give your character the 8-way behavior and then use "simulate" events or to give your character the bullet behavior and then simply set a speed on creation (or start of layout) to move right and a negative speed to go left.. (or change its angle or facing).

I would recommend starting with the monster shooter basic tutorial and looking at the example templates that come with construct 2.

• It's a plat former game. and this is the part of the story line. the character have to move to the end of the level automatically. i tried some check point collion and jump , but that is not reliable.

Hoe do i move my character in a specific path in platformer...

• I can think of no other way for platformer. You will need to simulate the controls using the platformer events and tweak the collision (I would use on-overlap with invisible trigger sprite) until it works like you want. You are basically scripting AI like you would for enemy behavior except for player.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)