Movement with accel and decel without behaviors or like so?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • I need an object to be controlled by WASD, with acceleration and decceleration.

It will be "flying" by the level, and it can't collide with anything (most things in the level have the solid behavior), BUT, it need to register overlap.

So... as the level is solid, I can't just use the 8direction behavior, cause the object will collide with things. And if I just turn off the collisions for the object, I will lose the overlap data that I need.

I tried to use the physics behavior in the object, but the gravity controller is global, and I have other things with physics in the level, that would not work properly with gravity 0...

How can I work this out?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some advice to get you started:

You can't really easily make an object move easily without behaviors. Sure, there's 'move by pixels' but that's buggy as it tends to ignore by not accounting for solid collisions.

You'll want to probably utilize the Custom Movement behavior. Be sure to look up tutorials and reference the manual thoroughly when you're not sure how an action/condition with it works for how the behavior functions.

• This replicates the 8 direction behavior with events except solids won't affect it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jfbslxhy9ded ... .capx?dl=0

The custom movement behavior would add little other than handling the actual motion and max speed clamping.

• This replicates the 8 direction behavior with events except solids won't affect it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jfbslxhy9ded ... .capx?dl=0

The custom movement behavior would add little other than handling the actual motion and max speed clamping.

Thanks guys!

And R0j0, you're the lord of c2! haha seriously, thank you very much.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)