[quote="The_Funny_Guy":3b5y38wz]in this case i need to ask for a cap file. i am 100% sure that the culpr- it is something very trivial but i cant name it without looking at the cap.[/quote:3b5y38wz]
I'm not real comfortable sharing my cap file with all the work I have put into it so far. No offense meant in any way of course. I can tell you these points of information though.
- The layout size is 4200x4200
- The player controlled car is positioned near the bottom center of the layout at the start of the race.
- In the Attributes of the car I have ticked "center view on me" which controls the scrolling
- I have created one text object that shows the lap times and positioned it in the layout so when I launch the game it is right where I would like it to be.
- I then created the second layer, made sure this layer was on top of the original layer and then dragged the text object onto the layer. After doing this I changed the Scrollxrate & Scrollyrate of the second layer to 0. When launching the game the text object timer is no where to be found.