Moving on, hopefully will be back.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hello all,

I've been using C2 for about 3-4 months now and I have to say I really do love it, mainly the UI, its a superb design and really easy to work with.

However, I am now moving to Clickteam's Fusion 2.5 but not because its better software, actully I find the fusion UI rather cluttered and confusing and not even close to how C2 is. Sadly the only reason I'm stopping using C2 is that I utterly loathe the fact I cannot export native windows code, I have no interest in android/ios or other platforms and the fact I cannot export to one *single* exe is a royal pain, using a wrapper is a pretty poor choice imo. I know to 99% of the C2 users its no big deal and thats good for them, however for me its really turned into a deal breaker and I'm now using fusion even though its not as easy to use as C2.

However, that said. Should C3 or a future Construct version actually export native code I would immediately buy it and move back, yes I like the UI that much.

until then, goodbye and take care all.

• Okay, bye. Have fun.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't see any benefit to have only on big exe-file, but if its that what you want.

So i wish you luck with Fusion, bye.

• You can build a single executable file from the NW export by using resource hacker to change the NW icon and then using Enigma Virtual Box to create a stand alone executable. It's free as well, so there's not a problem and this isn't a hacky solution IMO....

So the only other problem I've experienced is that the latest NW is still beta - but I bet it'll be fixed before you can create a game...

• Good luck for your future projects. May I ask you that after a few weeks-months of ClickTeam Fusion, please come back and write your opinion about that engine compared to C2?

• Good luck for your future projects. May I ask you that after a few weeks-months of ClickTeam Fusion, please come back and write your opinion about that engine compared to C2?

And performance [is it smooth?]!

• Why is it important to only have a single file? What difference does it make if some other files are involved?

I would actually like to do that, I do hope the mods wouldn't see it as off topic or advertising another product but yeah its certainly an idea.

• Why is it important to only have a single file? What difference does it make if some other files are involved?

Its twofold really.

1: yes its purely a personal thing and I want one single exe to run or to give to friends, thats just me and my requirements, its what I prefer.

2: this is the main one, running in a wrapper really hurts the performance, running native code is far faster and more efficient.

like I said, I love C2 and its UI is really damn perfect for me, heck if someone created an addon that exported native windows code I'd buy it, even if it was like £50

• I would actually like to do that, I do hope the mods wouldn't see it as off topic or advertising another product but yeah its certainly an idea.

There were similar posts on this forum comparing C2 to Unity, etc.. So I don't think this will be a problem

• native code = code using a library such as SFML. Then you have native. Personally I'm quite happy with how Construct 2 works. The only points that make me rather sad but wont make me stop using C2 is the fact I cant export to PS4 and also NW,js which anyways seems to be getting better.

• There's problems with C2, such as broken MAC/Linux export (for awhile now), no export to the most lucrative markets (PS4/Xbone), iOS Audio problems that's on-going...

But PC .exe export isn't one of those problems.

• Why don't you just use InstallSimple? InstallSimple.com. It's a free installer that packages everything into one .exe file. You give it to your friends, it installs your game, and it has an uninstaller so when they want to chuck it, they don't have to root through their hard drive to do it.

• I completely understand. I think the default name of the file should be just blue.exe--so all a user has to do is run blue.exe. I know other development systems don't use this default but I just can't bring myself to use a system that doesn't default to blue.exe.

Hopefully, like picasso, i will get over this blue phase--and then I will start using c2 again.

• Fengist

Thanks for sharing "InstallSimple.com".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)