Moving through a solid object through another

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 am

I was wondering if it were possible to have an object, that usually cannot move through a Solid object, go through a non-solid object that is overlapping a solid object. Because I'm crap at explaining things, I created a simple pic to show what I mean:

So basically, the player cannot pass through Object One, as it's solid, but he can Object Two, which isn't solid. What I was wondering if it were possible is for the player to be able to move through Object Two even while it's overlapping Object One.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:28 am

Only if you make you own movement for the player.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 am

Then I guess it wouldn't work with my example here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9921

I want the player to be able to dig into the terrain. This works when I use the canvas object, but seeing the canvas object seems to be only as big as the screen size, I needed a different option to "mining" that doesn't use the canvas. Or is there a way to increase the canvas object size?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 am

can you post a cap ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 am

On the link I had on my post before this one (from the Examples and Tutorials section of the forum) there is a download to my original cap, which pastes the level onto a canvas object. The newer version I have been working on is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31490769/terraingen2.cap
Its a bit newer, but doesn't use the canvas object and keeps the terrain blocks as separate objects.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic