Moving to C2 from GameMaker

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I was using GameMaker Standard 8.0 for a time,and i bought the license for 7.0 and was thinking that it's permanent

But when They've moved to 8.1,I wasn't available to get standard version :/

So it was the last thing that made me think about changing.

Their community&documentation may be somehow better,but i see that Scirra's developers are more friendly aand updates are more frequent(although since 8.1,YoyoGames are making quickUpdates too) :)

But i think i need help getting some basics...if there's any reference for "How to move from GM to C2" or sth like this that i skipped,sorry :/

PS:Sorry for bad english

UPDATE:I've registered just now and i see 102 rep,why so? :)

• Welcome! You might want to check this page about importing GM rooms to C2: http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/63/importing-gamemaker-rooms-and-objects-to-construct-2-free-edition/page-1

There's also the beginner's guide to C2: :http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2

And the manual: http://www.scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2

Also, it's 100 base rep, 2 per post.

It'll help :)

Erm...i didn't expect so quick response,this is gr8 :D

EDIT:Arima,then why you have 4.801 rep?shouldn't it be 4802 or 4800? O.o

• There are lots of ways to get rep, and some of those ways give 1 rep, like some badges and upvoting comments.

• Ok thanks'a'lot...I think I'll stick around some time with beginner's guide...and if I'll manage to do sth,I'll buy C2 :)

• ubicray

Welcome. Don't forget (as many do, for some reason) that there a many different examples installed with Construct 2 that will hopefully get you up and running quite quickly.

Good luck.

zen

• Welcome...I believe that C2 better than GM in many ways, but I guess it's up to you wether that's true or not.

• Hello from Scirra!

• Welcome to C2 and the forums, ubicray. I also came from a long time using Game Maker (under a different user name), and I can say that C2 and the Scirra community offer a much different experience.

I'm not dogging on GM or the GM community. They have their own strengths and weaknesses. I just think you will find C2 and this community refreshing and to be a much different experience.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'am using Gamemaker 8.0/ 8.1 and the new HTML edition. Using C2 since a short period. C2 is much more stable but the possibillty of GM of using inherritance is very power full. C2 is faster and much more stable. So i�m using C2 more and more. This is a fantastic enginen en much cheaper.

I will use GM HTML for sure, because of his great flexibillity and C2 for sure for the perfect functionality. regards.

• Hello! And good move. ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)