[MP] On Kicked unexpected behavior

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Problem Description

Ashley On Kick triggers inconsistently, most of the time it wont trigger. I remember from 1 month or so ago that it works flawlessly, but i didn't notice since when did this start to happen.

This is actually quite important since I'm using it to trigger actions to mitigate the situation in client, when host quit.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:wpmy9n5a][/attachment:wpmy9n5a]

Description of Capx

Capx is the official example of MP chat. Unedited.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Please refer to video below. Force close the Host tab/window to simulate host quit.

Observed Result

Please watch this.

In the video, don't be confused that chrome managed to get the trigger most of the time, in my actual tests, Chrome basically perform the same like opera and firefox. So, don't conclude that chrome did better, actually it's not.

Expected Result

The trigger supposed to trigger regardlessly.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Opera: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Both Win8.1_64 and Win7_64

Construct 2 Version ID

Tested r190, r189, r188, r187 all similar inconsistent result.

The last time I remember it work flawlessly is around r175-r178, couldn't try them now because I'm quite occupied with work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Additional verdict:

I observed that when the host quit, only one of the trigger "on kick" or "left room" will trigger on peer side.

I'm not sure whether "left room" was supposed to trigger at all if host force quit but theoretically it should happen, in which I think "on kicked" supposed to trigger first and then "left room" trigger will follow after that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)