Mr. Chungs Misadventures

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:58 pm

If both controllers aren't connected, it's gonna like leg hell on any machine, no matter how powerful it is :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 am

Meh would like to try but can't connect my controllers into pc...

PS Got new graphics card now :) HD4870 1GB runs like charm and next month gonna get another one to run in Crossfire :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Alrighty, so did it work for anyone with 60fps? It should work well with 2 Xbox 360 controllers connected (just make sure the ring on the controller is constant and shows that player 1 and 2 are connected).

Lemme know, that'd be nice :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:48 pm

I take it you can't go in that door without a 360 controller?
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 pm

B on the Xbox360 Controller is 'X' on the keyboard. Z is jump. Arrowkeys to move Zip. NumPad to move Henk. '+' on the NumPad makes Henk jump. ESC to quit the game.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am

pretty neat
it crashed right after I got that red thing though
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:22 am

I got the cap file from Thomas so I'm gonna look into the crash etc.

The low fps is caused by the 360 controller plugin. I dont know why, but I'm looking into it.

That sound is gonna haunt me forever :P

I think once it stops crashing, and the lag thing is fixed (probably my fault) and a few more levels get added, this'll make a nice little game :)

However, I think the controls should be changes so the left stick controls one character and the right stick controls the other. Same with the keyboard...make AWSD control one and IJKL control the other...that way it can be played as a one player game.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:49 am

This is an interesting idea, but I think it'd probably be too complex in practice. It's already difficult to precisely time your jumping sequences, imagine you'd have to control two characters at a time - that'd twist my brains for sure. Could definitely be added as an option though. I've seen a gamer on youtube ruling Ikaruga by playing 2 ships simultaneously and still beating the game, so I think everythings possible :D

Since the game was just a weekend project, I'm thinking about uploading the cap file for everybody to use - everyone could just add levels by copying what's already there and add to it, could be a nice little community project and we could all use it as a learning platform. Some of the events, like the doubleJump are copied from other projects (like deadeyes in that case) anyway.

The big layout could be used like a tower, so there'd be different stages to go through and the one that's in there could be level one or two - So Mr. Chung always has quests for you and that door always transports you to the right stage in the layout.

Once there's online we could even test this stuff cooperatively over the net, maybe add one or two more characters with different character attributes to the mix. Sorta like Lost Vikings, anyone remembers that one?

Anyway, just throwing out ideas, I'll be too busy working on Sein and my dayjob anyway, but it'd probably be a shame to just let it die. Zip and Henk deserve some more lovin!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:59 am

Was that the guy from china who was a really bad climber and fell on a rock and broke his cock and now he has a vagina?
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:22 pm

[quote="Instant":14isw0m6]Was that the guy from china who was a really bad climber and fell on a rock and broke his cock and now he has a vagina?[/quote:14isw0m6]

Yes.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations