Mr. Coffee's: Decontruction

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:45 pm

@Ulpo media

This is looking fun! I'd be screaming all the way through from falling in holes :D

Colors look fine now. 8-bit-ish so you'll hear no complaints from me :)

Whenever I get stuck for a color palette I seek out the past for inspiration! I'm having a wonderful time learning to use the NES color palette to it's full extent right now. Everything is a learning experience no matter how much you already know!

Keep up the excellent work!

B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:49 am

The game is in kongregate now!!!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/UlpoMedia/mr-coffees-deconstruction

Play and vote please!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am

Ok, so if I said "the colors are not pleasing to the eye", would that be more constructive? I think not. It is the same information said differently.
HARMLESS SIGNATURE THAT IS VIEWED BY OTHERS AS OFFENSIVE AND CONTROVERSIAL
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=fassFlash] The colors were picked badly, everything looks like vomit.[/QUOTE]

I laughed ... Anyways , the level design is too vague ... the player would never guess that key would be down in the block
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

[QUOTE=fassFlash] Ok, so if I said "the colors are not pleasing to the eye", would that be more constructive? I think not. It is the same information said differently.[/QUOTE]

If you said that it would be more polite. Constructive criticism is about making someone aware of ways they could improve their work in a positive manner, rather than tearing them down, like as I mentioned in my example of recommending googling color theory. Telling someone flat out that their work looks like vomit is an unnessecary insult which there is nothing to be gained from, and doesn't encourage or help the person to improve.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations