Mr.Winch

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • tiny game im working on, to take a break from other projects. very minimalist 2 color per sprite style.

shoot/retract: L mouse button

Pull: R mouse button

WASD movement

its not that much atm.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1010927/Mr_Winch.zip

davio may help a bit in level design later on

• HAHAHA that's too cool man. It's like a C64 version of bionic commando or something. I'm loving the sound effects too! Great!

There's a few bugs as I'm sure you know... like grappling something and then falling too low off the screen... you can't winch yourself back up or anything.

Great start though... very retro and very cool!

~Sol

• Cool game idea However, the way it automatically drops if you touch the end of the winch made it really damn hard to get across those moving circles... and the controls are a bit weird, maybe if when the winch attaches, the line can't extend (ie you'd get dragged along if the thing you attached to moved).

• ye only started it yesterday so its still pretty buggy.

that falling off thing just has to do with fall speed, cause the hook cant catch up to you

• Cool game idea However, the way it automatically drops if you touch the end of the winch made it really damn hard to get across those moving circles... and the controls are a bit weird, maybe if when the winch attaches, the line can't extend (ie you'd get dragged along if the thing you attached to moved).

moving objects and pullable ones aren't grabbable atm like the walls and ceilings are. i have to find a way to do it without being buggy.

controls are a bit difficult at first, but you get the hang of them, and theres not really a better way that ive tried yet.

you can grip walls and ceiling if your not touching the floor.

you can drag yourself across the floor.

i might consider making the rope tethered like that, but it would pose a lot of problems.

oh ya the player movement is non existent right now, its just default platform so controls will probably improve when i get around to changing that up.

PS: srry for double post, you replied when i was writing the first one

• Made possible with the power of the ATARI 10400!

Cool stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

(is there a way to exit without having to use task manager?)

• alt f4

its the basic close application command in almost any windows program. its alright tho, i didn't know for a while either.

• ARGH I'm gonna winch you for not zipping a folder

jk, trying game now...

• Okay, pretty good so far . I think the movement on the player is too speedy though. Especially the fall. If you fall for more than a few feet and then winch something you won't be able to pull yourself up because you're falling too fast.

Also, put some damn floors in your demos, I want to play more than five seconds without having to restart

Looking forward to seeing more

• i like my tiny demo test arenas deadeye

• HAHAHA that's too cool man. It's like a C64 version of bionic commando or something. I'm loving the sound effects too! Great!

~Sol

*COUGH* I made the sounds.

davio may help a bit in level design later on

Ehem? i believe i helped with alot more than that, bro.

• I like it but windowed + mouse based makes me click random stuff outside the window.

Which in turn launches stuff I didn't want launched.

Also, falling off = alt-f4.

Oh and do stuff the wavs in the .exe!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you've only made sounds so far and the shrinking of white smoke paritcles so, no you haven't done more than that, and you haven't even done that itself, like you implied in your post.

• Brotherly love... it's so... gay xD

~Sol

• heh

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)