MS changing to Self Publish for Indies on Xbox One

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • I'll just drop this here and hope that it pans out. I also hope that since the Xbox One is running Windows 8 that it will also support HTML5/JS games. It would also hopefully push MS to support gamepad API in their HTML5/JS apps... Win/Win if it all comes to pass...

Microsoft to Announce Indie Self Publishing

• While I'm disappointed that it required such public backlash to get them to change their polices, I'm glad they have been listening and it says good things about them that they are turning things around. The bit about retail X1's being able to be used as dev units, while still unconfirmed, would be excellent if true.

I heard a rumor though that those without a publisher would be required to use the win 8 store and would be limited to 3gb of ram, which is a bit disappointing if true, but even if that's the case, at least there would still be an option.

• I heard a rumor though that those without a publisher would be required to use the win 8 store and would be limited to 3gb of ram

At least 3GB of RAM is, well, still a pretty huge amount for a 2D game!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I heard a rumor though that those without a publisher would be required to use the win 8 store and would be limited to 3gb of ram

At least 3GB of RAM is, well, still a pretty huge amount for a 2D game!

True - it's more the part about being forced to use the windows 8 store that I'm disappointed about, if the rumor is true, as I suspect that it will be less promoted than xbla, like Xbox live indie games was on the 360. But really, it's all assumptions at this point, so I will batching with interest to see how it plays out. The win 8 store could turn out to be well supported and promoted on the x1, since ms certainly has more reason to support it than they did Xbox live indie games.

• Here is some more info, Microsoft has confirmed some of it now:

Xbox One Indie Self Publishing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)