Multiplayer connection (Question for Polish community)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Is there someone using Orange Mobile (usb stick) internet and was able to connect or host any multiplayer examples or games?

Translation:

Jest może ktoś używający mobilnego internetu od Orange (modemu usb), któremu udało się poprawnie odpalić jakiś przykład z multiplayerem?

Jak na razie to jedynie odpalając dowolny przykład - bez żadnych modyfikacji, mogę połaczyć się z kimś po przez serwery te które są w przykładach scirra coś tam.

Ale każda próba zmiany serwera na jakąś inną nazwę nie działa w ogóle. Testowałem na NW i Chromie. Jeżeli połłacze się jako Host to nikt nie może się do mnie dołączyć, natomiast jak próbuje się podłączyć do istniejącego już hosta to pokazuje że jestem sam i po chwili robi mi kicka.

• Sory, nie jestem w stanie ci pomuc. Ale pamietam ze jak mieszkalem w pl to tez nie moglem zakladac wlasnego hosta na gre, bo na moim koncie byla na hostowanie blokada. Tyle ze to bylo 10 lat temu XD W kazdym razie, pewnie orange tez blokuje ci zakladanie serwera ze wzgledu na ilosc dopuszczalnego trransferu ktory masz. Tak w sumie zgaduje. Najlepiej zadzwon w pon do orange i sie dowiedz.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ale to raczej chyba nie ma nic wspólnego... bo ja tylko próbuje połączyć ze soba dwie przeglądarki chrome (lub NW). Typowy przykład multiplayera z katalogu examples w C2. Także tu nie potrzeba żadnego serwera, jedynie dwie osoby z dostępem do neta i przeglądarką xD.

Ale jak testowaliśmy z Ashleyem i bandą userów multiplayera, zanim jeszcze był dostępny w C2. to bez problemu mogłem być hostem i ludzie się do mnie łączyli. i mogłem też ja łaczyć się do innych ludzi.

Problem pojawia się gdy chce się połaczyć do tego "signaling server" używająć nazwy innej niż jest w przykłądach. Wtedy dupa i ani ja, ani nikt inny nie może się łaczyć.

Może multi nie jest dostępne dla podrzędnego polaczka

Thank you for your answer. ( Tak żeby się nie pluli że nie pisze po english'u) ;P

• I need to bump this one. I'm still unable to use multiplayer, it only works if I'm using C2 examples (chat, pong etc) but if I change "GAME_NAME" to something different then I can't or others can't connect to me

• I need to bump this one. I'm still unable to use multiplayer, it only works if I'm using C2 examples (chat, pong etc) but if I change "GAME_NAME" to something different then I can't or others can't connect to me

My ISP used to block me from P2P connection, (cheap internet with quota package). For me using google DNS remedied the issue, I never been happier. I think you should try this, there's nothing to loose anyway. Now I changed ISP by using unmetered broadband, no P2P block anymore.

EDIT: when I read again, I think P2P connection might not be your issue at all. That is simply weird

• Yeah, I did try different DNS some time ago, and still the same. Multiplayer is obviously working I can export my "game" to dropbox or my server and I can easily connect between my pc using node-webkit and chrome from dropbox or my server without any problem. But only me! If someone else is a host then I can't connect, and if I'am the host they can't connect. This drives me crazy!

• Ashley are there some tests or I don't know to check what the hell is going on on my side?

• If you can't connect to anyone else and noone can connect to you, your ISP probably has some crazy carrier-grade NAT that ruins all peer-to-peer connections. It's just the type of thing that happens, largely as a result of IPv4 address exhaustion. Sorry. Complain to your ISP. I don't think it's anything to do with C2 or WebRTC specifically.

• After months of phone calls, emails and other not so nice exchange of words with my ISP they finally stopped blocking my connections. Few minutes ago I got an email saying that "it should be ok now".

I have only one more question. For now to be able to connect (and others connect to me) I need to turn of Windows Firewall completely. Can someone tell me what ports I need to set, or how can I check which ports are use by multiplayer plugin? I'm using Win 8.1 and I'm a total network noob in that subject.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)