Multiplayer: host question

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:21 am

@HZGaming, multiplayer is out for beta testing for paid (which I see you are), so go ahead and download the latest beta (R134 if I'm not mistaken) and test it out!

However, from what I've been reading, there is something wrong that causes only same-browser and same-computer host/clients to connect to each other.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:25 am

If it turns out this is an issue with WebRTC or the browsers themselves, instead of being something Ashley did wrong, there's still a workaround you can do:

In your games, make different "rooms" for people, based on what browser they're using. This way you guarantee same-browser players play together and avoid issues.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 am

From what I've been hearing, it's not even working across different computers. Like I said, "only same-browser and same-computer host/clients."

It would be nice to hear some direct clarification though. I think they may be testing something now, because the signalling server is down.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:07 am

also experiencing this same problem. Is there a way to setup a local signalling server perhaps using node.js. I've was surfing around and found https://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/ but not knowledgable enough with WebRTC to really know if that is necessary or not.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

@Scirra or @Ashley, is the signalling server turned off for the rest of the weekend or something ?

Would be nice to know, instead of waiting for it to mysteriously appear back online ....
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Same issues. Server is down I think.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:02 pm

I don't seem to have any problem connecting to the signal server. "wss://multiplayer.scirra.com" If that is the one you are wondering about being down?

However was wondering, since everything goes through the host.

And the first person to join become host, does it automatically figure out to choose a new host, if that person leaves. Or do you need to constantly check to see if the host left or not.

In the chat tutorial different groups are activated based on the person being host or not. But I don't see anything that would activate a new host if the current one leaves. Anyone know how that works?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Now that you mention it, I hadn't seen any code either. If you can connect to the signalling server, give it a go?

I thought someone said if the host leaves then everyone else gets DC'd.

As for it being down, it was last night through early morning, I think. For sure yesterday evening. Probably back up after a restart.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Not sure why I didn't just test it :roll:

Anyway seems that it doesn't select a new one, and not really sure how you could do it, none of the functionalities seems to make it possible. Also connecting a new host, will not allow the current peers to communicate with the new one.

Seems like the only options as of now, is to connect a Administrator host of some sort, that is just always connected.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

my multiplayer dont work too, only one player can be logged in, other players are kicked from server. Maybe we should try upload game to private servers?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General