Multiplayer: Not connecting to Scirra server(after export)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I made a project with multiplayer, it is working fine in browser preview,

( i.e. both host and peer shows connecting > Logged in with username >You are the host etc.)

But after export with cocoon canvas plus when i run the apk on my mobile

it gets stuck on "connecting" each time ( i.e.it is not connecting to scirra server)

Its been two days, can anyone help me please please???

• Hi .

Canvas + doesn't support WebRTC connection . You should try Web view or Intel Xdk .

• its really depressing because multiplayer was already tough enough !

Though is there a better way to add multiplayer on construct 2 ???

Please tell me!

PS : what is the deal with google play multiplayer on construct 2??? is it possible?

• I posted a thread speacially with this topic i.e.Alternative to multiplayer object as i could not find any such topic

It is here:

• Hi .

Canvas + doesn't support WebRTC connection . You should try Web view or Intel Xdk .

Hello there...

Thanks for replying, do you know any alternative way to make multiplayer games with construct 2 ,especially may be with Google Play Multiplayer API???

Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can also use Photon or Websocket . But why u want to export with canvas + ?

Just for have smaller apk size ?

Web view + has better performance than canvas + .

• You can also use Photon or Websocket . But why u want to export with canvas + ?

Just for have smaller apk size ?

Web view + has better performance than canvas + .

Thanks for replying!

I don't have a problem with size, but performance is better on canvas+, also it provides ad support and share support, that's why my priority was canvas+

But now i have to go for webview+ , but just wanted to clear a few things here...

1>> the photon and websocket you reffered to, are these easier and better than multiplayer object of construct 2?

2>>Will these work with canvas+ or they also use webRTC??

• 1- you must pay much money for Photon. and also Websocket isn't as fast as peer-to-peer connection .

So for these reasons , i think multiplayer object is a better choose .

2- Yes , they're working fine with canvas +

• 1- you must pay much money for Photon. and also Websocket isn't as fast as peer-to-peer connection .

So for these reasons , i think multiplayer object is a better choose .

2- Yes , they're working fine with canvas +

Thank you very much for your help, i will stick with multiplayer object then and use webview+ export!

• Closing as this is posted in the Bugs forum and it does not follow the guidelines; perhaps you meant to post in a different forum.

Note Canvas+ has not been officially supported for over two years, precisely because of compatibility problems like this.

• Thanks and sorry for posting in bugs forum!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)