Multiplayer: Players turning invisible

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

I tested the multiplayer game example Scirra made on 15+ computers at my school. All the players could join, and they would appear on the hosts' screen, but after about 2 minutes the players were invisible on each others' screen, but the host could still see everybody. Rejoining fixes the problem, but after another 2 minutes the players would begin to disappear again. Please note I tested from downloading the .exe to each computer, not running off a browser.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Default multiplayer game example included in Construct 2

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

Multiplayer example game.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Have up to 3 players (including host) in a game together, and observe as they disappear after a time. Observed Result ____ What happens? ____ Expected Result ____ What do you expect to happen? ____ Affected Browsers
      • Chrome: (YES/NO)
      • FireFox: (YES/NO)
      • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

• We did extensive testing of the multiplayer template over the Internet and we never heard of this happening. Are you sure this is not a problem with your school network? Can you reproduce it anywhere else?

• It probably is a problem with the school network, I can't reproduce the problem at home on my own network.

• I have a game where after a long period of play, objects will start mysteriously disappearing or appearing invisible, including the peer objects. It's based on the real-time multiplayer example: http://microwebdiner.com/traps2/

I have a theory the disappearing trap objects may be related to collision sync issues, but there's no good explanation for invisible peers.

• Could it be that it is a Node-Webkit related problem?

Since it only uses Chromium 32 and not the most recent 34?

Edit: It seems like there are unresolved issues with Node-Webkit and WebRTC

https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/1526

(At least i have the exact same problem as described there ^^

Connection established, but no Data transmitted or recieved)

• Closing as cannot reproduce.

• Ashley is the Multiplayer working with NW ? Since i can't get it to work :/

On Chrome everything works fine and as expected.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SgtConti - no, node-webkit is still currently on Chromium 32 which is incompatible. It should work with the next node-webkit update.

• That's weird because I used NW on the 15+ computers. I dragged the folder containing the .exe from a USB to each of the desktops and then ran it from there, and the multiplayer worked for a time. I've only used NW in my multiplayer testing endeavors, I didn't realize it wasn't supported.

• awmace5 i think connecting players work, but sending/recieving messages (including broadcasting) doesnt work.

while im at it: Ashley how does the LAN thing work? How do 2 players connect in LAN mode to each other? (I haven't figured that out yet)

• awmace5 mzo Yeah I know what you're talking about. My multiplayer game does the same. Like the code is good for the first two minutes then a sprite disappears. I been trying to figure out why as well, but have not come up with an answer. I think it's:

a) a bug

b) too many events happening at once

c) something in the events code that is interfering with each other.

You can check out this thread I posted for more info:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-destroy-a-sprite-bug-in-game_t104018

Hopefully we could figure out this problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)