Multiplayer problem

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi! I'm having problems with the multiplayer plugin, I read every possible tutorial but I still haven't found a solution.
I'm able to connect and login, but the problem is that if I run the example in two windows, in the first (the host) I have only one player, in the second one (the peer) I can see both the player and the host player.
The question is: why in the host window can't I see both player moving and why the peer player can't sync its position?
I attach the example, to connect simply select one of the item in the top right list.
Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:41 pm

You only ever associate player objects with MyID, which is not correct, you need to associate them with the ID of the peer they represent. You also never associate the object initially in the layout with any peer. The multiplayer tutorial covers how to handle all of that correctly. Try starting with one of the templates and modifying it carefully.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Thank for the reply! I have already seen the multiplayer demo, but for me it's too difficoult to understand because there are so many events!
I would appreciate to have a minimal example first...
Are there some video tutorial that explain step by step how to do that?
Thank you again ;-)
B

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm

The pong tutorial is about as minimal as it is possible to make a useful multiplayer example.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:37 am

OK thank you for your support I will check that demo too
B

Return to How do I....?