Multiplayer signalling server (Tools)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:06 pm

@Shardik - no, an SSL certificate is not required (and not necessary if running over a local network). But for the Internet I would strongly recommend you get one since it improves connectivity (and security) for some devices.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:15 am

Hi,

I would know if we need to buy this tools for each game we made (one game >one server tool) or if we just need one for all (seems the second possibility as I can figure out in the tutorial and the description, but I want to be sure :) )
B

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:21 pm

One purchase per server, amount of game doesn't matter :)
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:14 am

this tool isnt working ... can we get a tutorial on how to install that
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:11 pm

i read all four or so multiplayer tuts, but they didnt mention the signaling server costing anything. what happens if we use the signaling server without buying this? also if we own .com domains, can we use that as a signaling server? can any .com domain we own also be used as a dedicated server so that no player has to host the game? or is there something more to signaling servers and/or hosting servers than simply owning and paying for a .com domain?
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:37 pm

adamcreator wrote:i read all four or so multiplayer tuts, but they didnt mention the signaling server costing anything. what happens if we use the signaling server without buying this? also if we own .com domains, can we use that as a signaling server? can any .com domain we own also be used as a dedicated server so that no player has to host the game? or is there something more to signaling servers and/or hosting servers than simply owning and paying for a .com domain?

Scirra offers a free signalling server which you connect to.
This is if you want to host your own, but in all honesty. Scirra have a better server set up than we could put together. So use scirra's signalling server. All it does in the end is connect the parties together.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:17 pm

It would be nice if this was free so we could distribute it to users of our game so they could set up their own signalling servers and play games on LAN if they want to. It seems the only solution we can offer users of our game is to either host our own signalling server or use Scirra's, which means they'll need a connection to the internet.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 am

Ashley wrote:@maordany - the description on the store page covers the basics, and it comes with a readme with some extra details. However FTP is really something else entirely, so I'd recommend not trying to run your own signalling server if you are not familiar with the networking principles of hosting.

Hi I bought the multiplayer but not how to install it in the Construct 2 .. as I do to run in Construct 2 ? thank you!
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Hello buy the flag for multiplayer and I returned the money because I did not know how to install it in the Construct 2 , should make a video tutorial step by step for installation , so they will lose many purchases as mine .. I would buy again but very confusing when you install it.
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 am

Can I use free scirra's signaling server in a commersial game?
Does this server have any limits?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store