Multiplayer Tutorial Help Thread

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:46 pm

i cant put the examples to work out of LAN, i need help with this, maybe a bug? @Ashley
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 pm

We have exacly the same problem. I have tried with up to 6 friends. No luck.
I even tried it uploading the multiplayer game example on different web hosts/webhotels.

Something is not working, thats for sure.. But we havent got any information really.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:42 am

xanxion wrote:We have exacly the same problem. I have tried with up to 6 friends. No luck.
I even tried it uploading the multiplayer game example on different web hosts/webhotels.

Something is not working, thats for sure.. But we havent got any information really.

I'm not well-versed in server technology but I have this kind of problem before, I read things about WebRTC that if your ISP blocks/throttle your P2P connection, funny things can happen with TURN server (if you ever reach a public one), so most promising solution that was suggested to me is to use Google DNS in the client/host computer.

Google DNS seems to solve my kicked/unstable connection, but I'm not so sure if the problem has something to do with your firewall. ATM, try Google DNS to see whether it helps or not, otherwise, probably have to get answer from Ashley yourself.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:19 am

@joelbelo "Its not a bug, Its a feature"
It first needs to connect to the server to find a peer. If it is in the same network, then it makes it a lan connection.
But 100% lan isnt possible.
Ashley said it's not needed because not enough people would use this feature (To make it 100% lan)
So yeah, short: It is not possible to use multiplayer without internet. Sadly.
- Conti
"It's done when it's done"

Shadows of War
Buy on Steam ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:59 am

same here!!!! And even if I tested it by myself (single player), I cannot connect as a "HOST".... it always connects me as a peer although I'm the host!
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:03 am

same here!!!! And even if I tested it by myself (single player), I cannot connect as a "HOST".... it always connects me as a peer although I'm the host! Please!! I need help!!! :?: :| :!:
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:52 am

@veatzJAREDveatz, Have you changed the GAME_NAME in chatevents to your unique game name? When I did this, it got me connected as host...
For game development / IT services contact - [email protected]

List of published iOS apps -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/ravi ... d693234511
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:22 am

kmsravindra wrote: Have you changed the GAME_NAME in chatevents to your unique game name? When I did this, it got me connected as host...

Thanks for the solution!!! :idea: I'm converting the example to a 5-player-realtime-RPG-game.......... :D
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:47 pm

justifun wrote:With the chat room I end up being the only one in the room, and get kicked after about 30 seconds of joining.

A person I try to play with has the same problem. Seemingly it happens to plenty of people. Turning off firewalls didn't help. Has anybody been able to figure out what's the problem and how to fix it?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:21 am

Both my friend and I are having this problem too.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General