Multiplayer: works in LAN only...

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm going to try this Photon Cloud plugin

plugin-photon-cloud_t125222
B

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:12 pm

But you need to pay and to change several events in your project!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Yes you're right... :(

So, I think I have to reconsider what I'm going to do with my game. I tried the multiplayer option because I noticed that it's not easy to create convincing AI opponents. I thought that I make it multiplayer so I don't have to figure out how to improve the AI but unfortunately there are connectivity issues.
B

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm continuing to create my game, but I don't understand why Ashley always says your NAT, while his tutorial works FINE with MY NAT.

I'm loosing my time? Or maybe am I really stupid to don't uderstand?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:50 am

I think that many of us are waste our time with Multiplayer feature of Construct 2.

I have read lots of comments from other developers and the answers of @ashley and I haven't seen just one answer with proper solution. I can conclude that using of Multiplayer object is not feasible since you can not release a multiplayer game working only in a LAN network.

I've struggled a lot with this Multiplayer feature and it only works properly in a LAN Network.

I would like to have only one reason regarding this feature to keep using my bought license of Construct2. I think that is not bad platform at all but it has serious restrictions and I don't know exactly if the cause comes from the Scirra Support or the product itself.

The developers need an urgent solution for this and please, don't attribute the problem to network configurations since we have tested many many different configurations and none of them works properly (except for LAN network).
B

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:15 pm

Multiplayer works well for most people over the internet. The design of some routers mean that they block some peer-to-peer connections though. It's not the fault of C2 or WebRTC, it's to do with the architecture of the Internet and is related to IPv4 address exhaustion. It's not broken, it's probably just your LAN configuration is not letting connections through.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Recently I have also had problems with the multiplayer, I thought it was a bug of multiplayer object, after a week researching I discovered that the mistake was mine and multiplayer object seems to work properly.

At least for now.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Beginner's Questions