Multiple controllers mis-recognition

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Problem Description

In Windows 10 machines (apparently, only if on the recently released versions), when plugging 1 controller, 2 controllers are recognised, with one of these two first indexes (0 or 1) being unusable for the rest of the experience. If other controllers are connected after they are recognised correctly.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlnzxmag6jyh50x/Controller%20Test.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Display the number of connected controllers recognised by the program (Gamepad Count) within a text object.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open the capx with no controllers plugged in.
    • Go to the browser of choice.
    • Test the project, 0 controllers will be displayed.
    • Plug in 1 controller.

Observed Result

Test the project in Chrome with no controllers plugged in, 0 controllers will be displayed.

Plug in 1 controller: 2 is displayed if on the latest version of Windows.

Repeat the same process until the 4th step, but on Windows without Falls Update.

Only 1 controller is recognised.

Expected Result

When only 1 controller is plugged, only 1 is displayed in the Gamepad count.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Correct Behavior: Windows 10 Pro x64 1703

Incorrect Behavior: Windows 10 Home x64 1709

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct2 r247

• The recognition of gamepads is implemented entirely by the OS and browser. You should probably report this to Google since I doubt there is anything we can do about it. It sounds like an issue in Windows itself, if it only happens in the Fall Creator's update.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The recognition of gamepads is implemented entirely by the OS and browser. You should probably report this to Google since I doubt there is anything we can do about it. It sounds like an issue in Windows itself, if it only happens in the Fall Creator's update.

Oh I will for sure! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in noticing this issue, since I've already tried in two updated computers vs two non-updated ones and my results were pretty much confirmed, but I wasn't sure.

In any case, https://steamcommunity.com/app/353370/discussions/1/1489987634018835888/ makes me think it might be a global issue within W10, as you suggested.

Thanks!

• Closing as it looks like this is an issue in the latest Windows 10 update.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)