Multiple Event Sheets impact on performance?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hello everyone!

I'm a Unity guy coming over to try Construct 2 and I'm trying to carry over some of the object-oriented organization.

For most objects with logic more complex than simple behaviors, I want them to have their own event sheets to avoid having one huge event sheet. I have 2 questions about this approach:

1. Will this have an impact on performance? I read through an article about performance tips but it didn't mention anything about multiple event sheets.

2. If most people don't take this approach, what is your workflow? Do you just separate different areas of your game logic through the use of headings on one giant event sheet?

Thanks for your time!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No effect on performance. The best way to use them is whatever suits your style. I use just one myself combined with Groups for control over code.

• Thanks for the quick response!

• np

• I agree with hammer. ES should not impact your speed.

Also while using Unity. I find that I tend to break ES up into types of uses.

Level

Level controllers

Input

UI

player

enemies

hazzards

stuff like that. That way I can include the component where it's needed. I also make heavy use of Groups for organizational reasons.

• Yeah, I brake them up to in to smaller pieces, and if some event's are connected between multiple sheets I'm just adding comment with the sheets names.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)