multiple game types?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:36 pm

is it possible to make an rpg that changes into a platform game on certain levels? if so can i combine any type of game? would it affect speed too much if i do? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
B

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:41 pm

like 3 to 4 game types in one game depending on the mission, not asking if its hard just if it is possible, but would like a range of difficulty
B

Post » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:22 pm

spellteeen wrote:is it possible to make an rpg that changes into a platform game on certain levels? if so can i combine any type of game? would it affect speed too much if i do? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

its possible, just u need to adjust all the graphics cause rpg/platformer/puzzle/what ever else may not look same. as for performance, the performance is determined about how u use the events and how many actors u have on screen and how often they update or perform an action.

its already done, in so many mmorpgs, where u have puzzle games, platformers, shooting practice etc, and the mmorpg, all in 1 a good example is wizard 101 has same principle just the other games are mini games. but u can switch for the rpg to turn into platformer for sure or anything else u want just u need alot of programming (events - each game will have each set of event sheet and then u just need a menu with levels that sends the player from 1 gameplay to another .simple )
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:15 pm

In my skeleton slayer 2 game in the arcade, if you get halfway through the game, it changes to a platformer game for 1 level to cross over between two top down view layouts,

So yes, it is definitely possible.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas