multiple game types?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • is it possible to make an rpg that changes into a platform game on certain levels? if so can i combine any type of game? would it affect speed too much if i do?

• like 3 to 4 game types in one game depending on the mission, not asking if its hard just if it is possible, but would like a range of difficulty

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is it possible to make an rpg that changes into a platform game on certain levels? if so can i combine any type of game? would it affect speed too much if i do?

its possible, just u need to adjust all the graphics cause rpg/platformer/puzzle/what ever else may not look same. as for performance, the performance is determined about how u use the events and how many actors u have on screen and how often they update or perform an action.

its already done, in so many mmorpgs, where u have puzzle games, platformers, shooting practice etc, and the mmorpg, all in 1 a good example is wizard 101 has same principle just the other games are mini games. but u can switch for the rpg to turn into platformer for sure or anything else u want just u need alot of programming (events - each game will have each set of event sheet and then u just need a menu with levels that sends the player from 1 gameplay to another .simple )

• In my skeleton slayer 2 game in the arcade, if you get halfway through the game, it changes to a platformer game for 1 level to cross over between two top down view layouts,

So yes, it is definitely possible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)